Jules at Honey Club Sat 24th Feb

Hi all - just a quick post to report back on last nights antics....It might be the fact I'm getting old or is the Honey Club a bit pants?! Nowhere in my years of clubbing have I been made to check my 'man-bag' into the cloaks, apparently it's due to a spate of thefts last year, but here's the irony, rather than have my camera, cd sleeves (for Jules to sign!) and marker pen in a bag I had to carry them all in my hands or pockets!!!

Also, if any of you industry-connect bods can find out for me, Simon Patterson was supposed to be playing last night but I was in the club til nearly 4, and it shuts at 5 and Si was nowhere to be seen....I'm just wondering that as well as changing the price of the night to suit them are they falsely advetising DJ's? If anyone can find out for me that would be ace, obv if due to weather, personal reasons etc...Si couldn't make it then full respect, the whole experience has only put me off going to the HC and not Si, Jules or any of the other decent Djs that play there. Anyways, rant over! Jules was rather good, it looked like something was being wired into the back of the mixer and one of my pics looks like Jules was writing the tunes down so poss the Feb mix is going to be from the Honey, which is cool!

Another of my small gripes is that I feel like the majority of the people in that place just wanted to be out and get wasted, a few people I spoke to didn't even know it was Jules playing! :rolleyes: I mean WTF?! Not sure if Jules felt like people were too out of it as the latter part of his set was quite tried and tested, K-system mix of Electro Fun, his last tune was Lizard v Plummet ffs! But....Muse, Scorchio, Destination Calabria, Paul Webster mix of Warrior and many others all went down very well, even getting my non-trance loving mrs into it :thumbsup: Also think the new mix of Diversion was played and Laid Bare. I just feel that if I want to hear good new tunes, London is always going to be the way forward for me, which is a shame as I love Brighton to pieces.

hope everyone had a good weekend and you like the pics :D

post-76-1172428355_thumb.jpg

post-76-1172428489_thumb.jpg

My Signed CDs to add to the collection of DJ Signed albums - sad I know but somewhere my heart thinks they'll be worth a few bob one day :blush:

100_5395.jpg

100_5392.jpg

100_5388.jpg

One of me and the wife and a couple showing you what the club actually looks like!

100_5372.jpg

100_5384.jpg

100_5382.jpg

Well that was going to be a quick post but since I've discovered the joys of broadband I'm finding this a lot easier! That's it for now, be good to hear your thoughts...over and out...Tillbox

Nice report & pics mate, no idea on the Patterson Q, best off asking Bjorn

Sorry i never got back to u atil first off, had a crazy week and rediculous weekend...(see gods thread)

Will rign Simon later and see what the crack was there 4 u..sounds a bit dodgy!!

Cool report mate, good to see SOME good tunes played.. Plummet vs Lizard - :blink: s*** tune.

Be interesting to hear his monthly mix then if that was recorded.. :ph34r:

Looks a bit less rammed behind the decks than it was in Chatham where he played a house set 11-12:30 last night. The atmosphere was amazing despite the abundance of beerboys/chavs etc etc. Wonder if there's any pics...?

Pics are posted on JJ Net for both events.

Adam, l'm sure you are in one of the photos.

Jules looks rather slimline there! Looks like the lack of drinking over the last 2 months has had an impact (not that he was fat anyway, but he's clearly slimmer there).

Looks like he's been down the gym a bit lately, or maybe he's been having some serious practicing with Amanda for the next baby Judge..... :ph34r:

the worrying thing is that the HC is prob the best overall club in Brighton. ZAP is too small, Concorde has a strange music policy, Ocean Rooms has no soul to it and is also too small and the rest of the clubs cater for the countless stag and hen do parties who come down from london/essex/kent

• 1 year later...
NICE!!! No I mean NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

Might see you there one day. :)

Your lucky as it takes me an hour to get there.

BTW The Saint from the old jj net board, I remember you....

one of the best things about the Honey is the location of the booth, great for in your face pics! Though its moved back to the old place its still quality. Hopefully will have Jules back there soon though at the moment their line-ups are very much house based :(

I'm the chap in the yellow t-shirt in one of those pics btw.

One of my other old threads has got some great pics in too!

Check this out http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...16&hl=honey

Archived