Tennis

Stuart F

Just wondering if any of you are tennis fans or indeed maybe players? I'm a huge fan of the game and a decent player too. Andy Murray's my favourite player and I also love watching Federer and Nadal for their amazing play although Nadal hasn't been doing all that well recently. Does anyone else follow tennis or do you only really watch it when Wimbledon is on?

Just wondering if any of you are tennis fans or indeed maybe players? I'm a huge fan of the game and a decent player too. Andy Murray's my favourite player and I also love watching Federer and Nadal for their amazing play although Nadal hasn't been doing all that well recently. Does anyone else follow tennis or do you only really watch it when Wimbledon is on?

I used to be a really good tennis player a few years back, but I absolutely hate watching it. On the odd occasiona I do watch tennis, I prefer to watch the women play - and no, not for that reason, but simply because you get to watch a decent game. The blokes just come on and try to out-serve each other at 300mph. The women actually get on with it and play properly.

Nice post :)

I am an amateur, if that at best... I only like to play for a laugh really and when engaged in that I enjoy it :)

I pretty much only watch it when Wimbledon is on and play it on my phone - got a great little tennis game on the sony k800i ;)

On the other hand, my girlfriend is very good and when playing it is about the only thing I got competitive with her at cos she has me running all over the court. I think if she stuck with it she could've gone far, but like many of us we need to go and earn our keep...

I do wanna get a ps3 though and think the virtua tennis game for that looks immense.

when watching federer play, I am absolutely inspired. Its like when I watch snooker and see the pro's taking their shot (because I can fairly say Im not bad at snooker) I think this is what I would do etc, and in tennis federer does that to a T every time!

Aza someday we need to find a snooker table in London and have an all-day sesh with some beers! :)

Love watching the tennis but have never played it as at school I was always involved in the cricket, which I have always enjoyed. Often watch it on TV if there's a good match going on.

Table-tennis is my strength - put in a big room I've had some top games with my mates at Uni.... until the Chinese come on and have a go, whipping out their serves which spin so much you have to return them by hitting them in the wrong direction in order for them to go anywhere near the table :confused:

To be honest, I prefer watching the mens game and I don't take much interest in the womens game. I love the hard hitting and watching Andy Murray play is always entertaining a he can play such a variety of shots. Federer is always great to watch because of the unbelievable shots he can pull of. For example, this shot in his 2nd round match in Dubai on Wednesday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLgUEiDbZY

For those of you with a bit of spare time this afternoon, Federer plays Tommy Hass in the Dubai Semi-Final at 3pm on Eurosport2. Should be a good match as Haas has been in good form recently!

Archived