Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

JasonB

One of my first musical purchases back in 1993 I think! Being quite young then, tapes were the only choice - I've got the gold and silver Tubular Bells and also that green one Crises, which has Moonlight Shadow on, definitely one of my favourites. Some of it is easy-listening, other tracks (if I remember correctly) are quite bizarre and full of complex layers to dissect 8)

Yeah, the man is a genius. His music is full of layers and you can sit there for hours on end analysing it.

Tim, you mean Tubular Bells 1 and 2.

I have all 3 Tubular Bells albums, plus the 2003 re-recording of the original, which is my favourite album of all time. Every second of it is perfect, and I will never ever get tired of listening to it.

I own about 80% of his albums....

Yeah, Far Above The Clouds from Tubular Bells 3 is possibly my favourite record of all time. Quality.

Took me ages to find out that monlight shadow was summat i'd be after for ages didnt know what it was and was forgotten all about it-untill me uncle got hold of nows 1-59 and its on one of them!

Took me long enough to get hold of Far Above The Clouds for he Jam & Spoon Mix since oakie played it on an essential mix in 2000 mustve been!

My mate has had the 2nd tubular bells on cd for ages a few years ago we sat down one afternoon listening to it, loved it went to my local had the virgin re-issue of the first one.

Also during a clearout at my local they found a load of older stuff put em out cheap and therevhappened to be a copy of tubular bells 2 on vinyl whcih cost me £3.99! sadly I don't think the 3rd one came out on vinyl no matter! I have been thinking about buying that boxset of 1,2,3 and dvd thingy since it came out.

Archived