Annoying Figure's of Speech or Phrases....

Aza

Worst is when my boss in work tells me to do her a task for example. They always seem to ask you to do things in favors.... i.e. Chris do me a fave, put that over there.... simple task like, but then they owe u favor technically speaking??? LOL! :roll:

Or sometimes my mates talk and when they stutter for their next words they go...."f***ing....." :idea: :idea:

Haha!

Indebted for life after the "favour" point. I hate phrases that customers use for change such as, "don't mind if I give you shrapnel do you?" or "i'll give you two nuggets (pound coins apparently)".

I only see coins sir/madam, no shrapnel or nuggets. Oh my god worst thing in a cashier environment - customer jokingly says as you yawn "Am I keeping you up" or "better give you some work to do before you fall asleep!"

Well excuse me if I yawn on the offchance that you see me, since I have been working serving bastids like you!!

When 2 people start talking about the weather, I smile to myself because it's another situation where you have two people talking artificially to one another, each making out as if they really care personally if it rained yesterday when in fact they both know the other person knows they're talking crap for want of anything more interesting to say.

I hate small-talk generally, though admittedly it is unavoidable in some situations. I still hate the predicability of some lines though, for example when a guest comes over to stay:

"So what can I get you to drink?" -

which is always followed by the reply: "Well what have you got?"

Yesterday evening I was with a bunch of people much older than me whom I'd met once before, introduced me to a new person in their group but then recounted aloud a 'funny' incident about me for them (as if it's gonna help first impressions, eh?) - you have no control to change their version of the story (which gets elongated and more untrue each time they tell it), and I had to laugh along artificially, and I hate that. I hate people who try to embarrass others publicly, it just gets to me!

What is the point, why do it?! Arrgh! :evil:

Yeh I know what you mean Tim.

Ive recently picked up on that with people. I think people try to embarrass or intimidate someone in front of others just to make themselves be more socially acceptable. I often get it in work sometimes for a task that needs doing and I have no idea how to do it, someone comes along and does it and makes you look stupid deliberately.

Yeh I have seen recently in a survey that "at the end of the day" is the most annoying and common phrase!

When im talking with my mates aswell and they say "coming out", I reply "who's going?"... "Ah Mike and all" they reply.

Well who's all them????

English has the most strange phrases in than most other languages - one time in Spain we were chatting in English in this cafe, and someone said something like "Well, that's a different kettle of fish, because..." - and you could immediately see on the faces of the foreigners listening a look developing of complete confusion, despite the fact they could speak English almost perfectly :D

Small talk I am also one that cant stand it, I hate wen u have a family reunion, see family u aint seen for ages and u end up talking about the most uninteresting things in the world......

or when u meet the mrs parents always a frency of small talk

LOL - yeh classic mate!

I have slipped up on that one a few times. When I arrive and I was late for not keeping to sched (the roads were fine really), but I say "god theres loads of traffic!

well in blfast and northern ireland there are loads! workignin my dads bike shop i get all sort of ppl in....

ER MATE................[where?.....when youve never meet the before]

ALRIGTH MUCKER..[no mud on me]

ALRIGTH SON........[no that my da there]

HOUL YOUR HORSES

Archived