happy easter!

Craig

Happy Easter matey - spent Easter weekend back in Spain... being a tad more religious than us fads in the UK, I was treated to whole roads being blocked off by scenes like this (which is typical in Spain)

semana-santa12.jpg

semana-santa3.jpg

santa2.jpg

Those pointed-head outfits by the way are perfectly normal here - nothing to do with Ku Klux Klan or anything - they come in different colours and parade very very slowly to funeral-type music around the religious floats. Impressive stuff but it's definitely enough to scare the **** out of a little kid!!

Strange pictures there Tim, Easter is obviously much bigger in the Catholic countries

You have to see it to believe it. It was the same in Sevilla when I lived their 3 years ago - every street was just rammed, following these processions and floats. We couldn't escape our apartment because there were so many people, so we just took pictures from our balconies - others would throw figures of the Virgin Mary or red petals over the heads of people whist shouting from the roof terraces - quiet passionate stuff!!

Great for a couple of days cos its so different but annoying for the whole week as you can't go out or do anything. I'm in Spain though so I'll respect what they do as it's their tradition and they can do what they like, however weird it all seems :)

Archived