technics sldz1200

Moonman

anyone had any experience on these? the more i see them the more i want a pair. They do look extremely sexy. I also like the idea of the platter. I know they dont scratch too well but i dont scratch. Just wondered what they are like, and weather or not they are competition for the CDJ800/1000s?

I am slightly bias in saying so because I have not tried them for myself. When I dropped from vinyl to move over to digital I seriously considered these because of their turntable similarity. They are rather poort (apparently) and was best advised to stay away from them.

If you look around for reviews on them you should have a better picture painted. Go for Pioneers if you can. I would recommend a minimum of CDJ800's - they are expensive, but in contrast to the 1000's, they are sufficient enough :)

THe way I look at things is this: The Pioneer CDJ-1000's are the industry standard in clubs, so they're the industry standard for a reason - usually because they're reliable and the best.

Also, if you learn on another CDJ and then play out somewhere, they won't have the equipent that you're used to - so you'll need to spend time adapting, whereas if you go down the Pioneer route, you'll be able to walk straight in to a venue without having to get used to equipment.

Archived