The money USA spends on NASA

bigsteve

Where should NASA's money go?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bit of a serious topic, but USA must spend billions on the space agency programme each year, and although technology has come from it, would this money not be better spent saving lives in areas of Africa?

I realise there is a quest for knowledge of what else is out there, and that communications have improved since the space programme technology, as well as countless other things, but isn't life more precious?

Well things aren't looking too good for NASA at the moment anyway, but I agree the amount of money poured into it is ridiculous for what it gains. Having said that, the amount of money in aid given to Africa has also been extortionate (extortion being the correct adjective in a double sense) and, whilst obviously saving lives is more important than finding the tenth planet (which was confirmed last week), you cannot fix the dying in Africa with (say) huge US cash injections; I feel the root of the problems need to be tackled at the same time as well (governments, infrastructure), or else you aren't solving the problem, merely papering over the cracks with a short term solution.

So if you bothered to read all that, you'd understand why my vote goes to Hoegaarden. It needs more promotion. :D

:lol::lol: :wink:

Fair point that Africa needs long-term help (not necessarily money, but to stop government corruption), but education to children, and adults, is a way of helping this. However, to educate, they will need to be in a better health state than they currently are. NASA's money would go a fcuking long way with all of this!

Having said all of this, you don't get enough Hoegaarden ads on TV these days

I'm not an eco-warrior or anything like that, but I really can't see the point in the money spent on going into space when there's millions starving. Got Geldof on the case, besides another Live 8 type thing would be great, maybe with a dance tent :wink: :lol:

The whole famous phrase Bob never said on tv eh! ha ha he did say the f word but not part of th famous pharse where milions of peeps reckon he did!

Just thouhgt id poont out he didnt say give us yooru f'in money he sed

f that just gives us your bloodey money now! F word used anyhows! ahem

ramble complete.

I realise there is a quest for knowledge of what else is out there, and that communications have improved since the space programme technology, as well as countless other things, but isn't life more precious?

Have they though? All the advances that have been gained though space travel could no doubt be achieved though thorough, non-corporate financed research. Manned space filght is a total waste of money, it could al be done for half the cost with robots. The only reason the yanks go into space is for political muscle flexing purposes.

Archived