Anyone know any good online Laptop deals?

Briggsy

I'm so bogged down with work lately that I never get the time to get it all completed at home - I have a million and one emails to deliver send each day, music to review, mixes to download and re-upload, edit music, etc.

Its eating at my social life and not allowing me to do other things i'd like to do such as DJ'ing more often at home, catching up with people on MSN etc. I can't remember the last time I did a proper demo mix, and as for MSN - its been months.

If I had a fairly basic laptop, it would alow me to do some of the simpler stuff such as sending emails and reviewing tunes on the move and at work via a Wi:Fi connection, and then that'd free my time up for the stuff that needs my fairly beefy home PC for the music editing, etc.

The problem is, i'm seriously short of cash too - so i'm looking for something around the £450 mark on a 12 month interest-free credit option. It hasn't got to sing and dance or be a well know brand - just something with a processor around 1.6ghz, and preferably 1gb ram, and be Wi:FI ready.

Has anyone else been online-laptop shopping lately and noticed something that might suit my needs?

Cheers guys!

try dell m8 they will build u wat u want 4 a decent price i think tho im not sure about paying it off

Cheers mate! I did look at Dell earlier and they seem to have some goo deals, and they will add things to your own spec, so thats pretty good.

The only thing that puts me off Dell is a few horror stories i've heard about them.

I have a freind that is a pc tech and he told me not to go for dell. Dispite this they had the best deal! So i got on. 60gig, duo processor, 1 gig ram, and all kitted out for 600 odds!

oly had one problem with it and a tech was out the next day, replace the power lead whiach was the problem. no hassle!

Yo Briggsy mate...

Personally, I am a big fan of HP products, they seem to be the boys for me & so far have not been let down. Got a laptop and a desktop from them, share the lappy with the lady, we picked up that for £600, AMD 64bit, 80Gb HDD & 1Gb, Wifi, Bluetooth blah blah blah ;) (I am sure you can find something on your budget from below).

I recommend either going to Staples or Comet, both are HP partners and see what is what etc. I am sure both of these offer finance too. With these type of stores you can say I got this deal from Dell and hassle the manager and we got a free printer chucked in, nothing speciall but hey ;)

I'd recommend:

- HP

- Lenovo (IBM)

- Dell

- Apple Mac

If its a budget job then Dell get you more bang for your buck and they do finance too but it may work out cheaper if you get a credit card and then that off monthly rather than doing a loan/finance job on it.

I always thought Dell were very expensive for what you got, but I guess theyve come down a shedload nowadays in price - and in weight too, mine still weighs a ton.

How about Acer?

Cheers guys!

At the moment, Dell are doing some good deals, so those are looking favourite at the moment. Acer are second. Acer build some good, reliable, laptops, so I know you get good quality for your money with those.

Archived