Adrenalin, BS23, Weston Super Mare

I'll be spinning down in Weston this Saturday for the opening night of ambitious new venture Adrenalin. The music policy wil be progressive, trance & techno & I'll be joined on the lineup by an impressive roster of the West Country's finest young DJs.

Entry on the night will be £4 with competitive drinks pricing & some forward thinking music to cater for all tastes.

Full lineup...

PERCEPTIVE NATURE

TOM BAILEY

MATT HARDAWAY

BEN NICKY (Resident/Promoter)

TEFLON

DAN CLOSE

Another nice little road trip, anyone in the Bristol/ Weston area? :mrgreen:

Good effort (again) mate :thumbsup: Are you top of the bill too?

I believe Mr. Brownage lives around that neck of the woods??

According to the myspace listing I'm second on the bill behind Perceptive Nature (anjuna users will be familiar with the name) though I believe I'm opening things up with an hour & half set from 9 - 10.30. Gona work things through nicely being as the rest of the lads play more uptempo trance, expect some driving Prog! :mrgreen:

Sorry, didn't realise Perceptive Nature is a DJ(s)'s name :blush:

:mrgreen:

They are two lads Luke & Nick (I think) they help promote a night down in Bristol called Absolution aswell

Looking set to be a most enjoyable night tomorrow, got some wicked new tracks to play too, very much looking forward to it.

Full report & hopefully a few pics to follow Sunday morning :mrgreen:

Right then where to begin....

Set off around 6.30 for the two hours or so drive down, straight down the M5 into Weston-Super-Mare. Got there in plenty of time at around 8.15, checked out a few of the local pubs & bars, the club was about 50 yards from the seafront & pretty much right on the beach, a lovely little location.

Got into the venue just after 9 in preperation for my opening set, nice little setup with some amazing visuals, those of you that have been to Godskitchen will be familiar with the two main screens at the top above the booth & BS23's layout was quite similar in terms of their screens & lighting (though obviously on a much smaller scale).

Made my way to the booth & had chat with promoter/ ressie Ben Nicky, top fella. The setup was cool, 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 mkII 2x Technics1210 & a Pioneer DJM600 mixer.

My opening set was from 9.30 - 10.30 but i got started at 9.15 to familiarise myself with the monitor setup, etc. Kicked off with some nice bassy progressive trance, working through a few big prog tracks & then upping the tempo for Matt Hardaway to takeover at 10.30, knowing that Matt's style is very much peaktime tech trance I made a conscious effort to pick up the pace, the tracks seemed to go down very well & one in particular got everyone moving as the place filled up, I'll let you guess which one ;)

Matt took over & played a full on banging set from 10.30 - 11.30 when Ben Nicky took over, very impressed with Ben's opening half an hour realy played some cool tracks & his mixing was spot on.

We had to leave just after midnight as I had the arduous task of the relatively dull M5 to navigate & an early rise this morning, still it was a good night & there's definate potential with the venue & crowd, I look forward to playing there again soon!

Here's my playlist, with a definate upping of the tempo towards the end...

01 - Maor Levi vs Sasha & Emerson 'Reflect On Scorchio' (Zak Quiney Bootleg) [CD-R]

02 - Rocco Mundo & Onno 'Classified Insanity' [Little Mountain]

03 - Fine Taste 'More Grey Than Blue' [Little Mountain]

04 - REM 'The One I Love' (Blake Jarrell Remix) [CD-R]

05 - Rocco Mundo & Onno 'Insanity Defense' [Little Mountain]

06 - Snow Patrol 'Chasing Cars' (Blake Jarrell & Topher Jones Remix) [CD-R]

07 - Yilmaz Altanhan 'Eighties' (Ozgur Can Remix) [Anjuna Beats]

08 - Mike Foyle pres Statica vs Signalrunners 'Space Theme Dusk' (Bootleg) [Armada]

09 - Cosmic Gate 'Should Have Known' (Wippenberg Remix) [black Hole]

10 - Lange vs Gareth Emery 'Another Me, Another You' (Terranova vs Austin Leeds Remix) [Lange]

Archived