The Progressive Showcase Spring/Summer 2007 Edition

As my show 'The Progressive Showcase' continues its lengthy run on net based radio I've decided to begin something of a syndication. At regular intervals throughout the year (based primarily upon the seasons) I'll be releasing, hosting & sharing two exclusive 80minute mixes.

The two mixes will each contain tracks that have been doing the business for me, over the preceeding couple of months to each release, with some newer stuff thrown in for good measure. The first such 'release' within my new series will be imminently arriving & is entitled The Progressive Showcase 'Spring/Summer 2007 Edition', which will feature approx 25 or so tracks that I feel are worthy of a mention in the context of my sets both past, present & future.

Mix One on each of the releases will be entitled 'A Little Deeper...' & will feature the tracks from the deeper & darker side of my sound, neatly mixed together on a CD length mix. This mix will primarily be concerned with showing off the more progressive house side of my sound, with some deeper tracks featured.

Mix Two will take a more 'upbeat' & 'peak-time' route showcasing the tracks that fit into the more accepted interpretation of Progressive Trance, this mix will be entitled 'A Little Lighter...'. On this disc I'll be featuring the more trancey tracks that make up my playlist.

Mix One is already done & ready to go & I'll be recording Mix Two very shortly, I look forward to sharing these with you & will be making a conscious effort to make sure that both mixes are of the highest quality.

I'll have them both online within the next couple of days if all goes to plan ;)

Links will be coming soon along with some other info, current tracklists for both mixes are below...

Tom Bailey presents..

THE PROGRESSIVE SHOWCASE

SPRING/SUMMER 2007 EDITION

Mix One - "A Little Deeper..."

01 - Matthew Adams 'No More, Anymore!' [Toes In The Sand]

02 - Rob Curtis 'Hollowed Out' [Toes In The Sand]

03 - Native ft. Ani 'What You're Looking For' (Jacob Todd Remix) [Heavy Rotation]

04 - Nick Thompson & James Vickers 'Synaptic Sex' (4Mal Remix) [Alter Ego Progressive]

05 - Rasti Tkac 'Sparkling Inspiration' (Rasti's Gaia Mix) [Toes In The Sand]

06 - Rocco Mundo & Onno 'Classified Insanity' [Little Mountain]

07 - Matthew Dekay 'Timeless' (Digifruitella Dub) [Electronic Elements]

08 - Stuart C 'High Altitude' [Often Gruven]

09 - Rocco Mundo & Onno 'Insanity Defense' [Little Mountain]

10 - Sultan & Ned Shepard 'Together We Rise' [shinichi]

11 - Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren 'Light The Skies' (Retrobyte Light The Sidechain Remix) [Armind]

12 - Markus Schossow & Thomas Segstad 'Moog Me' [Global Underground]

Mix Two - "A Little Lighter..."

01 - Store n Forward & Cressida 'We Never Talk About It' [Afterglow Deep]

02 - Andrew Bennett 'Menar' [Electronic Elements]

03 - Kirsty Hawkshaw meets Tenishia 'Outsiders' (Jose Amnesia Remix) [Armind]

04 - Yamin ft. Marcie 'So Tired' (Nick Thompson Remix) [Diverted/CD-R]

05 - Jav D vs Andain 'Beautifully Dirty' (Bootleg) [CD-R]

06 - DC Project 'Absurd Things' [Neuroscience Deep]

07 - Kyau & Albert 'Always A Fool' (Album Extended) [Euphonic]

08 - Santerna 'Either Way' (DC Project Remix) [RealMusic]

09 - Airwave 'Trilogique' (Elektrified Mix) [bonzai]

10 - Santiago Nino & Guiseppe Ottaviani 'Beyond Your Thoughts' (Progressive Mix) [Dub Tech]

11 - Markus Schulz vs Chakra 'I Am' (Andrew Bennett Other Side Remix) [Coldharbour]

Mix One 'A Little Deeper...' is currently uploading with the second mix going up later today, I'm trialing using waxdj as my main host for the mixes for the first time so bear with me if the links aren't the best & I'll move them over to a faster site.

Very much interested to hear everyone's thoughts on the two mixes once they are available :)

I've listened to the 2nd mix, and was very impressed. Its kinda like a best of your Sunday evening shows, and thankfully you missed out that Beats 68 tune :mrgreen:

Quite liked the Andain bootie, although clearly not as good as previous remixes, and really like the Yamin tune :)

I've listened to the 2nd mix, and was very impressed. Its kinda like a best of your Sunday evening shows, and thankfully you missed out that Beats 68 tune :mrgreen:

Quite liked the Andain bootie, although clearly not as good as previous remixes, and really like the Yamin tune :)

Cool mate, thanks for listening & glad you enjoyed them. The idea is definately aimed at presenting my favourites from the past month or so, so I'm glad it has that feel. Will be putting up two more mixes in the same vein at the end of Summer/Beginning of Autumn ;)

• 2 months later...

Just to give an update regarding these two mixes, both mixes proved extremely popular & I'm very pleased with the feedback & comments from everyone who took the time to listen

'A Little Lighter...' turned out to be my most downloaded mix to date & the waxdj site is still clocking up downloads almost three months on :)

Installment Two 'Summer/Autumn' will be coming very soon ;)

Have recorded what will almost certainly make up CD1 of the new installment of this series entitled 'Summer/Autumn 2007 Edition'

The first CD will once again be 'A Little Deeper...' & will contain some of my favourite progressive house & deeper tracks from the last couple of months as well as some new material.

CD Two will also follow on as the same principle & I intend to record that mix tomorrow, it will once more feature the trancier aspects of my sound & will again go under the 'A Little Lighter...' title. I'll create a new thread with details & links tomorrow or Sunday evening ;)

Archived