Inertia Trance, The Bash Bar, New Street, Birmingham

Inertia Trance kick off their second bi-monthly night with another huge event hosted at one of Birmingham's premier underground night spots The Bash Bar, New Street.

I'll be playing the opening set from 9pm & will be joined on the lineup by rapidly rising stars Robbie van Doe (Infrasonic Recordings), Matt Kirkland (Conspiracy Recordings) & Dave Turner (Advanced/ Passion).

The night will be a mixture of progressive trance (me) & melodic & tech trance (everyone else) :mrgreen:

The night will run from 9-4 (approx) and promises to be a five evening as at last I get to play a relatively local gig.

More info & flyers can be found HERE

As usual I'll be filling you all in with reports/pics & everything else later this weekend

:)

Best of luck with this mate - we're all behind ya!

Looks like you've found a great niche that evening :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, looking likely that I'll be playing a 90 minute set from the opening up until around 10.30

Thoroughly enjoyed myself last night, was a cool little venue right on one of Birmingham's busiest shopping streets. New Street with a nice friendly crowd & some cool new people top night :thumbsup:

Kicked things off on the wrong foot, got to the train station only to see our 7.30 train departing just as we pulled up, meant a full half hour wait in the less than inviting setting of Tipton trainstation with the company of some erm how should this be put 'rowdy youths' ?

Got the 8pm train to Birmingham, conveiniantly the train station is about a 2 minute walk from the venue. Got there around 8.30 for a few drinks with promoter Robbie & his girl Nicky. After a few beers & a good chat we got things setup ready for opening, the setup was cool 2 x Pioneer CDJ1000 mkIII, 2x 1210 MkII (though there were no needles!) & a Allen & Heath XOne 92 mixer (my first time using one, nice crisp sound but gimme a Pioneer anyday :mrgreen: )

Kicked off with some nice chunky progressive house type tunage (second track in I was told to watch the bass as the speakers were in danger haha). After playing some deeper tracks I moved thru to some housey type fare before kicking it on for Matt Kirkland who played after me to play his melodic, pumping trance from the off. The set went down well & i got some glowing feedback from everyone, Robbie managed to record the sets so hopefully I can post it up for you soon to have a gander :)

Matt took over from me at just after 10.30 playing some fantastic tracks, the Jon O'Bir Remix of 'Louder' was a particular high point, wicked set mate :thumbsup:

My playlist from the night is below & hopefully I'll get a link to the set soon...

Playlist...

01 - Remy 'Scrap' [68]

02 - Envotion 'Down There' (Perry O'Neil Remix) [Deep]]

03 - Rocco Mundo & Onno 'Classified Insanity' [Little Mountain]

04 - Interstate 'I Found You' (Perry O'Neil Remix) [Electronic Elements]

05 - Rachael Starr 'Till There Was You' (Gabriel & Dresden Remix) [spinnin]

06 - Matthew Dekay 'Timeless' (Digifruitella Dub) [Electronic Elements]

07 - Rocco Mundo & Onno 'Insanity Defense' [Little Mountain]

08 - Sultan & Ned Shepard 'Together We Rise' [shinichi]

09 - Markus Schossow & Thomas Segstad 'Moog Me' [Global Underground]

10 - Mode Hookers vs D:Fuse ft. Oceanlab & Armin 'Re:Living The Dream' (Macarius Bootleg) [CD-R]

11 - Emjae 'Necromancer' (Probspot Dub) [Curvve]

12 - Santerna 'Either Way' (DC Project Remix) [RealMusic]

13 - Markus Schulz vs Chakra 'I Am' [Coldharbour]

14 - Oliver Smith 'Tomahawk' [Anjuna Beats]

15 - Rex Mundi 'Perspective' [Global Underground/Cyber]

Was also great to meet up with Dave, Nicky, Rachael, Nath, Marc, Jo, Mario, Nav, Becky, Rob, Greg, Matt and everyone else I spoke to. I'll hopefully be back at Inertia soon :)

Archived