Jules' R1 Show 19.5.07

bigsteve

There was a show hosted by Jules - but it was highlights from the one big weekend. He had to play tripe from the live bands, interviews, with a few funky house tunes in between.

Not a normal Jules show at all - and to be honest, I don't think its worth adding to the site. He probably played 6 dance tunes at the most.

It's still a broadcast though - sounds like if we want a TL it will be an absolute mission to create one.... Hmmm :S

I think the only way you'll get a tracklisting for that show is by somebody listening to the listen again facility and taking a note of what was played.

I haven't got a clue to be honest - all the bands sound the same to me - Noisy with lots of guitars :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I remember us coming across one of these a while ago. The Jules show that never was... :eek:

It featured such gems as:

Frank Sinatra - I did it my way

Cheeky Girls - Cheeky song

Dj Sammy - Summertime

It was an absolute banger. Anyone that missed it should go and sit in a corner & think about what they've done.

As chief archiver :wub: I am a little bemused as to what to put on the new site then.... we can't say there wasn't a show, because there was, ¿but will people really have taped it and search for a tracklisting? Probably not.... hmmmm

As it happens l recorded the show but only have it on cassette tape. I haven't got time to listen to it and try and ID the tunes that were played but i'm happy to do a copy of the tape and sed it on to anyone who would like to have a go at iding the tunes.

My life is manic atm as l have so much to do and there just isn't enough hours in the day.

I'm that busy that l can't even find time go and see Jules at the Koola Bar Newquay on 5th & 13th June. :(

I doubt I'd be able to ID the tunes, otherwise I'd give it a go.

Thats interesting that Jules is in Newquay twice this month - is there any reason for him doing two shows in Newquay so close to each other? Normally he avoids this kinda thing.

As chief archiver :wub: I am a little bemused as to what to put on the new site then.... we can't say there wasn't a show, because there was, ¿but will people really have taped it and search for a tracklisting? Probably not.... hmmmm

chief bender more like!

I doubt I'd be able to ID the tunes, otherwise I'd give it a go.

Thats interesting that Jules is in Newquay twice this month - is there any reason for him doing two shows in Newquay so close to each other? Normally he avoids this kinda thing.

I wondered that too. :unsure: I'm surprised because the gigs are on a Tues and Weds night. All l can think is that the Uni students etc have finished their exams and will be celebrating.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived