Digitized NuBreed, Bar Size Darlington

Should be a wicked night tomorrow, looking forward to meeting mr Ball at long last & also to playing a nice peak time prog set ;)

Should be good mate - not had a road trip in a while :) Looking forward to it, and have booked a flexi day off for Monday B)

Should be good mate - not had a road trip in a while :) Looking forward to it, and have booked a flexi day off for Monday B)

:mrgreen: Planning ahead there mate, I only found out I had Sunday off earlier this afternoon.

Will say alright for you Bjorno :thumbsup:

Just back after the long slog of a drive, here's how things transpired....

Set off from sunny Sedgley just after 3.00pm to meet mr Rob Day at Wolverhampton train station, filled up on petrol & met Rob at around 3.30, typically it was swelteringly warm meaning the prospect of a three hours plus car journey was unappealing to say the least.

Our drive went smoothly enough despite the oppressing heat & we made Darlington in just over three hours, was quite pleased with that. Phoned Andy to arrange a meet up & made our way to his very plush flat on the outskirts of the town for a quick drink & chance to freshen up. Got a message from a certain mr Steve Ball informing us of his presence within the town.

We set off from Andy's place around 7.30 & parked up in the town centre meeting the two Steves in Yates's for a quick drink before heading on to the venue. Bar Size itself is something of a (hmm how should this be put) 'commercial bar' (there that's not too bad is it) upstairs with the basement playing host to NuBreed downstairs.

The basement area was very dark & compact, the system setup was cool but unfortunately the asthetics of the room weren't the best with a couple of pillars curtailing the view of a good portion of the 'floor from the decks.

Nevertheless we pressed on with Andy & Danny (Tri D) playing shortened sets to warm things up. I took to the decks around 9pm (a little early) for my one hour set. Danny had left things on Above & Beyond 'Good For Me' (Thomas Datt Remix) so I had the chance to press straight on with some more uptempo fare.

My set began with some nice melodic prog working through an extraordinary amount of vocals tracks! Steve was most surprised! I worked on through an intense set of vocal bedazzlement into my more trademark instrumental tunage finishing things off with some of my current favourites, leaving things nicely set for Project F to take over.

My playlist for the one hour set is below...

Digitized NuBreed

Bar Size, Darlington Saturday June 2nd

Tom Bailey.

01 - Santerna 'Either Way' (DC Project Remix) [RealMusic]

02 - Jav D vs Andain 'Beautifully Dirty' (Bootleg) [CD-R]

03 - Yamin ft. Marcie 'So Tired' (Nick Thompson Remix) [Diverted/CD-R]

04 - Mark Otten vs Carrie Skipper 'Time Is Serene' (Armin van Buuren Bootleg) [Armind]

05 - Ridgewalkers 'Find' (Kyau vs Albert Remix) [Armind]

06 - Markus Schulz vs Chakra 'I Am' [Coldharbour]

07 - Oliver Smith 'Tomahawk' [Anjuna Beats]

08 - Rex Mundi 'Perspective' [Global Underground]

09 - Albert Vorne 'Formenta What' (Gareth Emery Remix) [Club Elite]

Standout tracks, from my personal experience were 'Formenta What', 'Perspective' & the very warmly received Ridgewalkers track 'Find' Thanks to everyone (there were masses of screaming, star-struck fans ;) ) who came down & particular thanks to Steve & Steve for their attendance, apologies for the lack of atmosphere :(

Project F worked through some quality trance music through the first portion of his set, before moving on to some strange electro, Rob stole the show for me, excellent set, full of big peak-time tracks & excellent mixing, definately someone to watch out for.

Made our way back to Andy's house after bidding farewell to the riotous two Steves double act & talked of tunage & such til the early hours before falling asleep, up eary this morning & made good time back, dropping Rob in Lichfield before finally arriving home.

Many thanks to Andy for his hospitality & putting us up & also to Steve & Steve for attending, hopefully my next visit 'Up North' will be equally well spirited but maybe a little busier.

:)

I've just made it back from the sunnier climate that is England, back to the grey clouds of Central Scotland :(

Tom has pretty much took care of the report and I echo what he's said.

It was an interesting venue that has the potential to put on some good nights, but unfortunately not many people knew the night was going on, which was a bit disappointing - especially as the whole evening was a musical delight.

Knowing Tom was left with 'Good For Me' to mix out of, I knew his set would be a bit special, but I had no idea that Tom possessed so many vocal tunes :mrgreen: Clearly this is the way forward B) A good set from Tom, as the TL shows, and superbly put together, with 'Find' being tune of the night for me. Thats the first time I've heard it played out.

After hearing 'I Am' in a club, I'm starting to warm to that too, and great to hear 'So Tired' and 'Perspective.'

As Tom has said, Rob's set was amazing - a DJ thats always doing something behind the decks and full of energy. Unfortunately Steve & I left before Rob had finished playing, as in our boozed up state, we thought that going to Shindig, back in Newcastle, was a great idea. A hurried phone call to our lift was made and we were soon on our way, only to be refused entry for being too drunk! Clearly we looked a lot more drunk than we felt :(

I had a good night and it was great to finally meet Tom and hear a live set from him. Also good to meet Andy and Rob. Hopefully I can catch some of you again if you head up this way :)

I think Tom is warming to tunes with "vocals" :lol:;)

To put things in to perspective my set for tracklists this evening contained a grand total of... wait for it...

2, Yes TWO! vocal tracks ;)

Last night you must have caught me on an emotionally charged evening :mrgreen:

Archived