Altitude - Excession

Briggsy

I've got two copies of this on vinyl, but something must have gone wrong at some point during the manufacturing progress.

I bought my first copy on XTC recordings, but during the intro, it picks up speed by two BPM - making it impossible to mix with because it jumps out of sync.

So, I then bought another copy on Bonzai - but this does exactly the same, in exactly the same place.

Did anyone else buy this and experience the same problems? Its a great tune that I want to convert to MP3 along with the rest of my collection, but it looks like its one i'll have to reject :(

One of my favourite tracks ever, and totally unplayable. Gutted :(

Mine is on INCredible, will have to check it, if its ok by all means you can borrow it. I found that there was a problem with a couple of tracks back then, such as Jonah - Listen (orig mix) and Blockster - Grooveline (Matt Darey mix), on Jonah release the track just seemed to suddenly start fading out and then suddenly end giving you not enough time to mix, from memory on Groove line it started quiet and then slowly the sound gets louder, making it so that you have to mix further into the beginning.

I once had this tune back in the days of vinyl (o memory...).

Mine was on INC as well, however I don't think I had a problem. It is probably because I only used to play the "Altitude 2001" mix, although I did love the "Blue Velvet" mix too, which featured on a Crasher album :)

Mine is on INCredible, will have to check it, if its ok by all means you can borrow it. I found that there was a problem with a couple of tracks back then, such as Jonah - Listen (orig mix) and Blockster - Grooveline (Matt Darey mix), on Jonah release the track just seemed to suddenly start fading out and then suddenly end giving you not enough time to mix, from memory on Groove line it started quiet and then slowly the sound gets louder, making it so that you have to mix further into the beginning.

Ducky, buy the Promo of Grooveline, its the FULL length track, I'm so glad I have it in my collection!! the official release on Ministry faded in and out :-|

Archived