Windows Vista - Load of old wank!

Simcut

Hi guys,

I've just got XP up and running again now, I made the fatal mistake of installing Vista and giving it a whirl.

I have to say it does look very flash but my god, the Menus etc are shocking! the menu system is just ridiculous, its so difficult to get around Windows Explorer in Vista.

I love the little 3d animation of when you flick through the open windows, very flash.

Despite all the sexyness looks wise of it, its absolutely w*** (technical term!!).

I play Counter-Strike Source and the performance is pretty f***ing shoddy to be honest.

I'm not going back to Vista until at least SP1 comes out. Take my advice and avoid it for now!!

Simon

As I said on msn, new trimmings really, same as every new version of Vista, I really don't like the windows bar menus change at all although the 3d in middle of screen rotaing all open windows jobbys a nice novelty.

I havent gost Vista btw, my uncle has, he got a new pc with home premium on last week.

My Dad got a PC recently and its got Vista on it. He gets on really well with it and no problems. It is his first PC and he isn't used to XP like most people. Maybe its just a case of getting used to something new? I wasn't keen on IE7 at first, but now wouldn't swap it.

My Dad got a PC recently and its got Vista on it. He gets on really well with it and no problems. It is his first PC and he isn't used to XP like most people. Maybe its just a case of getting used to something new? I wasn't keen on IE7 at first, but now wouldn't swap it.

I started reading this thread & deffo agree with you there Steve :thumbsup:

I have Vista myself here (free upgrade from XMAS), but aint installed it yet after following Simcuts advise and a few other articles I read online.

I have yet to try it, but following the BBC news online, their technology section certainly has it covered and I m quite looking forward to upgrading...

The only thing for me, I have run the upgrade advisor and a lot of my existing hardware (including me wireless stuff) is incompatible and a t'internet connection is essential for installation (I believe).

The only downers I hold atm is; the hungryness for system memory etc, I think 2gig of ram is more realistic rather than the recommened 1 gig, and apparently watching hi-def movies on yr comp, Vista downgrades them to dvd quality because of DRM...

I'm behind the times but in the next week or so l will be upgrading to Windows XP and having other things added on such as an additional hard drive, flat sceen monitor, dvd rewriter etc . I'm really looking forward to it.

Did anyone see the episode of 'The Gadget Show' when that geeky old bloke that presents on there upgraded his PC to Vista.

It took an absolute eternity and he thought his computer had totally f***ed up when it eventually finished and rebooted but it did actually work. Luckily my laptop had it already installed so I haven't had to make the upgrade or not decision.

I had a bit of a cock-up with my laptop last week as the Symnatec anti-virus software decided it was going to go tits up and recommend installing and re-installing. I did this rather hastily and then realised that my computer didn't come with a disk to load this software on. It came on a 90 day free trial, which was almost finished. I have now started using avast. Free and looks pretty effective. The only grumble I have is the alarm that goes off when a virus is trying to gain access to my computer. Scares the s*** out of me as it's really loud :eek:

Not bothered about renewing the Norton anti-virus package as that costs £40. I've had plenty of good reviews of avast so thought it was worth a look. :thumbsup:

Archived