Britain's Got Talent

Simcut

What the feck was that Madonna woman all about the other day? She was convinced that she was actually good and deserved to win. She was crap and look hideous in that costume.

I nearkly spat my drink over the telly when Simon Cowell said "and I think you've just broken three of those dancers backs when they lifted you"

Another monotonous drone of a television program, this is what's wrong with England Briggs, the fact that so many losers actually take the time to watch this, align themselves with a participant & then waste their money voting on the poor sod.

AWFUL

Most of these cheap reality TV shows have even worse presenters anyway. X Factor had Kate Thornton, who has no personality at all, Big Brothers Little Brother has Dermot O Dreary, and some other show had Russell Brand.

Three of the crappest celebrities around.

The adverts are the most entertaining part :blink:

Unfortunately shows like this are getting huge ratings. People like to see underdogs coming from nowhere and going on to fame. Fair play to Simon Cowell in creaming this market, much like Stock Aitken & Waterman did in the 80s with pop music.

Personally, I can't stand it. The format was bad enough in Pop Idol and its just gettng applied to everything peak time that ITV churn out. Its just one 'talent' show after another.

What makes me laugh about all this is the way that Simon Cowell always says "I've got to put you through because you deserve great things - you've got great talent and i'll make you a star"

If he really cared about those people he thinks are going to be "stars", then he'd vote them out early - because the ones that leave early end up becoming more successful. Simon Cowell uses them once or twice while everyone remembers them, and then he ditches them - ie, Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward and Leonna Lewis - they've all disappeared off the face of the earth now, whereas the likes of G4, Andy Abraham, Ray Quinn, who never won the show, have gone on to success.

The only person worthy of any recognition on Britains Got Talent is that opera bloke. He's bloody good, and I hope he goes on to be a great success - without the leadership of Simon Cowell. Simon Cowell as his manager can only be a bad thing.

A friend of mine told me that the opera singer has sung with the likes of Pavarotti and has also won singing competitions so is it fair play entering this competition.
Paul first sang opera at the age of 28 for a karaoke competition– he dressed up as Pavarotti.

He went on to perform in Barrymore's 'My Kind Of Music' (1999). The money he won from the show (£8000) along with his savings was spent on attending various training courses in Italy.

From his Italian opera class he was selected to sing in master class' for Pavarotti and Katia Ricciarelli – who he says were very impressed. Paul reckons he's spent £20,000 in total to get to where he is today.

Paul has performed in 4 semi professional operas in the UK and some concerts. His proudest performance was with the philimonic orchestra in a concert in front of 15, 000 people.

After having appendicitis doctors discovered a benign tumour that was removed. 2 weeks after the operation he was back on stage.

A motorbike accident in 2003 which he broke his collar bone kept him away from performing and he got left out of the opera circles. Since his illness he has struggled with money and has never reached his potential in Opera and this is why he has chosen to enter Britain’s got talent.

Why would it not be fair? He's a talented person, is that not what this is about?

Another monotonous drone of a television program, this is what's wrong with England Briggs, the fact that so many losers actually take the time to watch this, align themselves with a participant & then waste their money voting on the poor sod.

AWFUL

Thats what cracks me up. Why the f*** would you want to spend money voting for these toss programs? Most people voting will be dossers on the dole that are sapping our taxes voting for more loosers on TV :confused: . Bit of a vicious circle there.

Feel good factor when their favourite wins? Who knows :confused:

You'd think by now ITV could use some of the phone vote profits and establish a proper red button service. Or a TV on-demand service online (so I could watch the Canadian GP again). They're way behind BBC

You'd think by now that ITV could just give us some decent TV programs :P

Anyway... most of those profits don't go to ITV. A lot of TV programmes are "commissioned" - they're produced by companies such as Selador, etc, and then ITV agree a fee to show it. Hence why we're littered with repeats - why pay for a new screening, when they can just show an old one that they've already paid for.

I have absolutely no idea what you're all talking about in this thread!
You mean you've understood what they're all on about in other threads? I've been on this site for yonks now, and I still can't work anyone's gibberish out :lol::lol:

No no I mean whatever this show is called, or what it's for... can't see any English TV out here!

Sounds horrendous anyway; I don't think I'm missing anything :)

3 great reasons to watch this...

1/amanda holdens bum

2/amanda holdens bum

and...

3/amanda holdens bum!

:P

While I confess that I didn't watch much of this, (approx 5mins) wasn't she seated at all times throughout the program in order to sit on the judging panel?

Archived