Initialise - Mixed by Aza

Aza

After such a quality thread in the music discussion (here) regarding the classic tracks from '99 onwards I found myself spoilt for choice with tunes to contribute to the thread.

Instead however, I skimmed through some of my classic tracks I have and made a classic mix, which attempts to put some structure to them and mainly provide you lot with some quality 'memoriable' listening.

Tracklisting:

01) Nalin and Kane - Beachball (Extended Vocal Mix) [FFRR]

02) Orion - See Me Here (Darren Tate's Beachbomber Mix) [Xtra Nova]

03) Tall Pall vs INXS - Precious Heart (RIVA Mix) [Decode]

04) Sureal - You Take My Breath Away (Lange Remix) [Cream Records]

05) Antillas Feat Clannad - I Will Find You 2002 [Motivo]

06) Coast 2 Coast featuring Discovery - Home (Original Mix) [RGB]

07) Humate - Love Stimulation (Paul van Dyk Love Club Mix) [Deviant]

08) Junk Project - Composure (Solar Stone Remix) [Liquid Asset]

09) Salt Tank - Eugina (Michael Woods Remix) [Lost Language]

10) The Traveller and In Motion - Believe (Minimalistix Vox Club Mix) [Five AM]

11) Alibi - Eternity (The Thrillseekers Remix) [Armind]

12) Tranquility Base - Razorfish (Above and Beyond's Bangin' Mix) [Anjunabeats]

13) Gouryella - Walhalla (Original Mix) [Tsunami]

14) Twice As Nice - Overture (Rocking With) [Huma Stemra]

15) Mooguai - Viola (Armin Van Buuren Remix - Aza's Overture Loop) [Platipus]

Click here to visit the download page [116Mb = 79:43mins]. Feedback as always is welcomed (please excuse some of the minor slips in the mix - thought I'd do it in one...). Cue sheet will be available soon so you can burn to an audio cd if you wish...

Please enjoy!

Cheers gents - thanks for downloading it and I hope you enjoy it! I certainly enjoyed mixing it as it brought a back memories and a good feeling when mixing it!

Ken - think you will it enjoy it as where else is the place to be for all those good tunes ;)

Thanks again :)

Extended Vocal Mix of Beachball, well the firts time I heard it ages ago i didnt mind it but now I cannot stand it!

A few in there i'd never heard before like Junk Project and Travele In Motion (yes where was I when they were [played?!!)

Is the thrillseekrs remix of Alibi you played th The Thrillseekers New Horizon mix? as its different to the 'Eternal' Remix on Vandit which I still think is superirio after hearing the 'new Hrizon' Mix for the first time Ever! ehich is very nice all the same.

Also I've never heard this version of Walhalla you played.

Also Overture looped for too long for liking.

Overall top mixage I enjoyaged.

I gives this a 9 (yes I changed me mind!)

• 1 month later...

Cheers Mr Traill - your comment are most kind and most importantly, appreciated.

I have two more classic mix's I want to do - so if you guys are up for a bit of reminisce, see what you think of the following:

1 - I will be revising and revamping the very first mix demo I carried, Calling Beyond (see my site for details) to basically celebrate the launch of my website and the approach to my 30th mix demo.

2 - As I first started out mixing, Trance music (and it is still does remain my overriding factor) was my main style, but there was a point where I considered being a 'hard trance' DJ and frequently (back in the day) bought hard dance vinyl just as much as my normal trancers. So I will be making a mix on these bad boys

From here onwards, I will then focus solely on new material and try breaking back out on to the club scene. If I have to relocate for a job I am hoping it will be somewhere where there is a better bloody club land scene than where I am currently located...

Cheers again everyone for taking the time to listen to my mixes and I hope you enjoy them as much as love making them :)

Apart from

10) The Traveller and In Motion - Believe (Minimalistix Vox Club Mix) [Five AM]

it was great. This track has never warmed to me. But the rest was very well contructed and I enjoyed it very much!

Very nice website as well btw, it has progressed into a nice place to browse.

Cheers your high-ness! Always appreciate your kind comments and as with everyone else's, they always spur me on to do more :)

I kinda see where your coming from on that particular track. It is the only one that doesn't really sit in terms of era with the rest of the tracks on there - especially when you look at the likes of See Me Here, Beachball and Gouryella!

That mix is a kinda milestone for me as when first starting out Dj'ing I didnt have the time or capability to mix and now I finally did, I worked hard on constructing a progressing order - so for you to say "it's well constructed", I am especially grateful for :)

With regards to my site - thank you again. I recently made a minor change on the mixes contained in each section, I put file sizes and durations following some advice from a lecturer ;)

Archived