ElectronicSessions Summer Spectacular

Very much looking forward to play for ES again, this time for their massive summer boat party cruising along the Thames on Saturday August 4th!

OFFICIAL RELEASE.

For those of you who want a bit more ES boat party action this summer, we have another one lined up now for August 4th!! This time though the party will be taking place in the day time, so let’s hope for a scorcher on board the Golden Jubilee.

The line up is one of the most exciting and innovative we have put together including 3 very special Exclusives and a Uk debut !!! Here it is….

Upper Deck – Melodic, Progressive, Electro, Driving

Mr Sam ( Uk Exclusive )

Andrew Bennett ( UK Debut )

Niklas Harding ( ElectronicSessions)

Tom Bailey

David Horne

Lower Deck – Dirty, Funky, Filthy House and Electro

Sick Djs (Andy Burby)

The Persuaders

Chris Cee

Duff J

Dan Goss ( Dj Simmonds)

After Party @ Annexo – Turnmills

6.30pm - Late

Who wants to stop at 6.00 oclock? Nobody! So we have an exclusive afterparty lined up at Annexo /Turnmills ! what a great way to spend the day and night !

Featuring..

Sick Djs

Persuadors

Chris Cee

Duff J

Dan Goss

& Loads more to be confirmed!

Go on Tom, you absolute legend, well done - that is so impressive to be playing on line-ups with those Dj's, im so pleased for you!

Rock it hard mate & im sure electronic sessions will continue to invite you back onto their line-ups again.

Top effort lad :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been informed that there are only around 20-30 tickets left for the event which is a week on Saturday. If anyone does fancy it PM me as I can direct you to the relevant outlets ;)

All the best with this mate - it looks a splendid line-up. Do let us know how it goes and whip that camera out for us! ;)

Cheers mate, last time there was a professional photographer at the event taking some quality snaps (see myspace) & i'm pretty sure he's around again so should be some nice snaps

Set times announced...

Upper Deck - Progressive House and Trance

David Horne - 11.45-1.00

Tom Bailey - 1.00-2.00

Andrew Bennett - 2.00-3.30

Niklas Harding - 3.30-4.45

Mr Sam - 4.45-6.00

Lower Deck - Funky, Dirty, Driving Electro House

Duff J - 11.45-1.15

Chris Cee - 1.15.2.30

Persuaders - 2.30-4.15

DJ Simmonds (Dan Goss) - 4.15-6.00

AFTERPARTY @ Annexo - Farringdon (Turnmills)

Chris Cee - 6.30-7.30

Duff J - 7.30-8.30

Dan Goss - 8.30-9.30

Persuadors - 9.30-11.00

Mork- 11.00-late

Nice. Very nice :thumbsup: I don't need to wish you luck - enjoy yourself mate :)

Cheers mate, sorting out some new tracks for my set, should be a cracker if the decent weather keeps up

Sunburn, Flat Tyres & Tunage

A Review by Tom Bailey

Where to begin...

Up early & out was the plan from Sedgley as I had the car loaded up, my CD wallet & headphones packed, a change of clothes & some much needed hydrating fluid. All checked & locked down off I went arounf 7.55am. Picked up a friend & set off for the drive down to London. The journey went perfectly as we entered London around 10am, plenty of time to park up & get ourselves down the Temple Pier for boarding, or so we thought. The traffic was insane as I'd expected and making our way over to Victoria Embankment via Trafalgar Square & Piccadily Circus took around 45minutes. Eventually after a slight detour we found it. Right job done, now to park up.

Parking took another full hour, there was nowhere with a long stay, the longest we found in the local vaccinty was 2hours, not nearly enough for the seven hours we needed, ended up going further & further north until we found a sufficient car park on the underside of a hotel all the way up in High Holburn. Time check 11.30, should be ok.

Began walking down towards to river (we hoped) down one way streets & alike, decided we were gona need to hail a taxi so managed to flag one & jumped in, ten minutes later & we were there, in plenty of time. 11.45 or so & we were ready to board, only problem was the rest of the friends joining us were nowhere to be seen. They had driven to a girl's place in Barnet then jumped on the tube, we tried to check their progress but to no avail as they were underground. 12 o'clock came & went and a few frantic calls to promoter Ross ensured the boat would not depart until my friends were safely on board. Finally at around 12.15 they arrived & we made our way onto the Golden Jubilee party boat, a very impressive vessel. Two floors each equipped with a good setup & ample dancefloor & a massive sun terrace on the upper floor allowing people to chill & dance in the now blistering sunshine.

The boat eventually cast off a little prior to my set commencing at 1pm. David Horne was in charge of opening proceedings & played a superb set, combining some pumping progressve house & electro, the dancefloor itself was sparsely populated but people on the terrace were in full swing. I took over just after 1 to begin my hour long set. I decided pretty quickly that I wanted to up the pace a little & went straight into the massive Andrew K & Leoni track 'Next To Me' (Johan Vermeulen Mix). Pleasantly this track seemed to bring a few inside & got everyone moving as the boat meandered along. The DJ booth itself was pretty small with everyone's bags stored & the 2 CDJ 1000s & DJM 600 packed inside. It was also hot, very hot, like a sauna in fact as there wasn't a window, when i get the photos you'll probably be able to gauge how hot it was, I was sweltering but managed to retain focus thanks to that delightful invention Corona.

My set moved on & it was my intention to build things up thru some progressive house & then to get a little trancey. Second track I played was the massive 'Phantom' by Jerome Isma-ae, definately one of my favourites of the last couple of months, the pounding bassline managed to draw a few more people in & the boat began to rock, both figuritively & literally as we turned a sharp corner. DJing while rocking is quite an experience & definately not a good idea if you're easily sea-sick.

Moving on up the gears I decided to drop Dubfire 'Roadkill' (Breakfast Remix). As this track is one that seems to be getting big plays accross the board from minimal to progressive to trance jocks it seemed a good choice & I was vindicated as peopl began to recognise the chords. Definately one of the big tracks. Trying to keep the energy high but not to get carried away I dropped a nice little progressive house number before moving into trancier territory. As Mr Sam was on board & chilling near by I was a little reluctant to play one of the big tracks from his latest 'Opus' compilation but the mood was so right I went for it anyway. Global Experience 'Madras' got arguably the biggest reaction of my set with some hand claps & big smiles generated, Sam himself remarked later that it was a good choice of track for the scenario!

Keeping the energy levels up I played another nice prog trance before dropping one of my favourite releases of late Purple Mood 'One Night In Tokyo' (DJ Shah Savannah Mix) which seemed to get a great reaction, definately some Anjuna people on board!

As was requested by Ross (Promoter) & Andrew Bennet himself (who had now moved into the booth) I ended on a much more housey tip, dropping one of the best records ever made imo Nathan Fake 'Outhouse'. One of my friends who had come down instantly recognised it & started dancing like a nut, somehow managing to get other suitably worked up much to Andrew's amusement. I left things at a nice 132bpm for Andrew, helping to get the monitor turned up & having a quick chat, thanking him the guest mix on my show a month earlier & general chit-chat, a thoroughly nice guy whom I hope to catch up with soon.

Andrew played a great set, beginning as I had expected with some housier stuff & working his way thru the repotoire to the usual Andrew Bennett Progressive fare. Definate highlights were Pryda 'Genesis' Deadmau5 'Faxing Berlin' Mark Knight & D. Ramirez 'Columbain Soul' & incredibly the track that started it all for me Energy 52 'Cafe Del Mar' a great set with a perfect vibe for the boat party.

Taking over from Andrew was the excellent talent that is Niklas Harding, I'd managed to grab a word with both Niklas & his manager James prior to the set & Niklas was in high spirits, ready to kick things on. As always Niklas' set was spot on, a perfect combination of electro, house, progressive & trance with big tracks such as Remy & Roland 'Mexico Can Wait' Marcus Schossow 'Mr White' Niklas Harding & Funabashi 'Addictive' (Mat Zo Remix) & many more (which may come to me later) as well as finishing with the sublime Andain 'Beautiful Things' (G&D Unplugged Mix). Stunning set, played out perfectly to the capital's stunning backdrop & the blazing sunshine.

Digressing slightly from Niklas' set I must relate the funniest incidents I think I've ever seen. As we cruised past the now defunct Millenium Dome (02 Arena) one of my friends (Mario) decided he wanted a picture, as we were standing near the edge he felt it the ideal snapshop opportunity & beer in hand attempted to flip open the lens. I turned to see what he was doing & watched on as he dropped the phone, making a sprawling effort to grab it, spilling half a pint on an innocent bystander, & 'plop' into the Thames went the mobile. Devasted he turned to another one of my mates who offered nothing more than fit of giggles, bursting into full on laughter, his face was priceless. Hearing the commotion another of my local buddies joined in the laughter, perhaps even going over the top with the bad jokes & insane cackling, however it seems fate is not without a sense of irony. Attempting to take out his own phone to take a pic of the now inconsoleable Mario he grabbed at it a little too hastily & once again the pleasant 'plop' sound as another mobile was lost to the Thames. Unbelievable! A few beers later & all was well as they decided to 'move on' what a story to tell.

Getting back to the tunage Mr Sam took over from Niklas at 4.45 to play the closing headline set. As a huge fan of Mr Sam's production work I was keen to see him play & was not dissapointed. Opening with the awesome Cressida track 'No More Lies' & moving thru some highlights from his 'Opus' compilation & the brutal Mojado tracks he carved out a gorgeous set, perfect mood & tempo for the summer cruise & closing things with Maor Levi 'Reflect' (with some delicately placed Nelly Furtado accapella) timely as we cruised underneath Tower Bridge & back to port. Moving into the booth to grab my things Sam stopped me for a quick chat & much to my surprise remarked on how much he enjoyed my set, with a particular reference to the Global Experience track I played. Having helped him with his jacket & things he bid farewell as we were told 'I must get my train or I will miss my flight to Italy & you know my wife, she will kill me' :lol: what a great fella

An outstaning days DJing, partying & sunburning was done. Many, many thanks to all who attended & everyone I got to meet, particular acknowledgements go to Rav, James, Greg, Ross, Rich, Kev & the hapless Mario as well as the many others I got to meet up with and chat to.

However, the adventure didn't end there for me. As we left our friends at the tube station & jumped into our taxi to the car park I was beginning to relax & contemplate my route home, we got back to the car & jumped in, a loud thump greeted my reversing & I thought to myself 'sh*t that feels like a flat'. Indeed it was my front left total flat & resting on the tyre rim. My language was unrepeatable as I stood cursing my luck.

A few seconds on & i turned into 'real man mode' thinking clearly & remembering that it was only a little tyre change. I whipped off the shirt (didn't want oil on it did I?) & proceeded to change the tyre covering myself in oil & brake dust in the process. Eventually having got the thing on & the jack & such tidied I strode into the above hotel looking for a bathroom to clean up in. Somehow I ended up in the restaurant covered in oil & looking fresh from a wrestling match. The kind conseuier guided me to the bathroom & I got cleaned up, finally ready to go home.

The arena within which we were sitauted was about 10minute south of that famous suburb of Highgate. I felt compelled to travel through the Judge's stomping ground en route to the M1 and we enjoyed a serene journey through the leafy suburb, very very plush & expensive housing, the Judge was done well for himself with that postcode.

We made out way onto the A1 leading onto the motorway & home, with a quick petrol & KFC stop we were home just after 10, what an eventful afternoon's entertainment.

A well-written report - ever thought of doing an autobiography :lol:

Sounds as though it all went off for you mate. A few hiccups on the way, but they're always good to remember it by B) I was pmsl about the phones 'plopping!'

If/when you get 'Big Smoke' Gigs in the future, it might be worth considering dumping your car at the end of a tube line and travelling in from there. Much cheaper parking and a lot less stressful B)

A well-written report - ever thought of doing an autobiography :lol:

Sounds as though it all went off for you mate. A few hiccups on the way, but they're always good to remember it by B) I was pmsl about the phones 'plopping!'

If/when you get 'Big Smoke' Gigs in the future, it might be worth considering dumping your car at the end of a tube line and travelling in from there. Much cheaper parking and a lot less stressful B)

Haha thanks for the compliments, I do an English degree though remember :lol: I was planning on dropping the car at the hotel we'd booked & travelling in on the tube but the hotel mesed me around so I had to cancel, was worth all the messing around though as that'll just make the day standout more & more in the future

I duno how I forgot to mention this in my earlier report but Niklas also played Solarstone 'Solarcoaster' just as we were cruising back into the city, had forgotten what a special track that is

Archived