Jules Chins Innocent Life Long Fan In Club Debacle

Max Kane

Taken from his weekly diary...

"As I got behind the decks a friend of Craig’s, who claimed to have met me before, drunkenly and aggressively asked why I was so late starting. I tried to point out that I’d been upstairs posing for photos for half an hour, but he continued to berate me for being late, telling me that I’d ‘nearly caused a riot’. I don’t know what he was doing in the booth, or what his job was, but he kept interrupting me mid-mix throughout my set, pouring himself large drinks from my bottle of vodka.

20 minutes before I was due to finish, I politely asked the drunken guy in the booth to find the next dj, in advance of handing over deck duties to him. Ten minutes later I asked the same question, then once again five minutes later. Nobody showed up. As my last record was drawing to a close I explained that I was finishing (to the same drunken guy), but still no further dj turned up. I’d played the biggest tune in my box as the final track, and musically didn’t have anywhere further to go.

With the record ended and the crowd cheering I finally turned round to the same drunken guy, and asked him what I should do? His response (and I quote) was “why don’t you f*** off and put on a mix cd”. I don’t want to go into detail, but I responded violently, which is totally out of character (but was the result of severe provocation.) The crowd saw it all. "

Sounds very unsavoury Jules went to great lengths to apolgise, the guy in question sounds like a right prat

That would be totally annoying. It seems strange why he didn't get him removed :confused: I suppose its difficult if it is a promoter's mate. I would have considered stopping the music until he left. Although the atmosphere would have been killed, it would have been better in the long run. Having a heated discussion in public is not good (esp when one pesron is drunk)

What a complete T**T this bloke is, how Jules managed to carry on with this going on shows what a profesional he is and how much he cares for the clubbers, i know i would really struggle with this going on as i would have probably ended up knocking this bloke out!

After now having read all of Jules's latest diary report, it didn't sound like a good week for him at all. Maybe he should be a bit more restrictive on the venue he plays in future. Some of the venues he now goes to are clearly of the carpet type :(

Carpet clubs are your run of the mill town centre clubs that are there for people to get drunk in and don't have any appreciation for the music being played. Expect many alcopops to be sold, hourly fights breaking out and coverage on Street Wars ;)

oh dear, i was in a bar last night when a fight spilled over to where me and my buddies were casually appreciating member of the opposite sex.

Fights spilling into me and 2 other officers is not the ideal location for a fight gentlemen. Needless to say we broke it up and gave them a bit of a telling off.

Actually, the doorman even let us into "Angels" for free after asking for ID (we all keep our cards with out warrants)...that was a "carpet club" albeit very sticky.

The Weatherspoon in Peterborough ALWAYS smells of sick. This could just be because its Peterborough though. Does Weatherspoons anywhere else have the Eau De Vomit?

Yes, last night was, erm..."Educational"

What a complete T**T this bloke is, how Jules managed to carry on with this going on shows what a profesional he is and how much he cares for the clubbers, i know i would really struggle with this going on as i would have probably ended up knocking this bloke out!

I agree that Jules is a true professional but by responding violently, which is totally out of character, he could have been in serious trouble if the bloke had fallen on something sharp and had died. It wouldn't have been Jules's fault but he could be done for manslaughter. :o So where were security, after all that's what they're paid for. He was in a foreign country too.

I remember when Jules last punched an annoying 'customer'. Wasn't it some prick with 'Judge Jules can mix' or something on his t-shirt. He kept saying this to Jules all the way through his set until he twatted him.

This recent event sounds a right s*** to deal with. I would have lost it with him a lot sooner than that. At the end of the day, he's only a normal person so reacts as any of us would. Its only because he's under the spotlight as a 'Superstar DJ' that makes this an issue for him in respect of bad press.

Good on him :blackeye: :thumbsup: :blackeye:

he's punched someone in a dj box before as well IIRC.

At Judgement in Ibiza, some guy was openly cracking onto his wife. I can't remember the exact story, but the guy was obviously doing it to wind him up. It worked and he got decked as a result...

Fair play to him. If someone was cracking onto my wife I wouldn't be happy about it. To be doing it purely to wind me up, i'd stick the boot in good and proper.

he's punched someone in a dj box before as well IIRC.

At Judgement in Ibiza, some guy was openly cracking onto his wife. I can't remember the exact story, but the guy was obviously doing it to wind him up. It worked and he got decked as a result...

Fair play to him. If someone was cracking onto my wife I wouldn't be happy about it. To be doing it purely to wind me up, i'd stick the boot in good and proper.

I remember that, was a few years back. Good job Jules is a fairly big guy, can take care of himself.

I've done this before in Spain, but without realizing. We were in a big club in Madrid and I'd just purchased a token for for an outrageous 5 Euros to obtain a bottle of water for my mate who had "ended" himself a bit too early in the night... Anyway I went to an almost empty bar and ended up chatting for a long time to the girl who served me, and although drunk I believe I was doing rather well, until my friend tapped me on the shoulder and passed on a message from the bouncer in corner that she was in fact his wife, and that it was "suggested" I should move away. Looking back, it all seems a bit silly, since if you go clubbing you are bound to meet and chat to people, but I've never been hit deliberately in a club before and getting into that kind of thing is sometimes not easy to wrangle out of when you're in a foreign country, so I left it. :(

this sort of thing always confuses me as i know it happens a lot in nightclubs. Surely she in someway must have encouraged matey boy to start flirting otherwise he wouldnt have been standing there chatting her up!?! I always say It Takes 2 etc... Surely she should have just said "look mate, pipe down and get lost" like any wife really should.

Sorry folks, just playing devils advocate or something!

Of course i dont know the facts as i wasnt there, so my opinion is just a generalistation. I i no way mean anything untoward toward Jules or his misses with my above statement.

Well not even that - if you've got your brain on you and you're sober enough, even if someone is hitting on your gf there are ways to diffuse the situation amicably, for me most probably with a slice of humour - which makes the point but at the same time doesn't make you look too much like an over-protective idiot.

Of course, if that doesn't work, then I guess other measures must be tried!

if someone is hitting on your gf there are ways to diffuse the situation amicably, for me most probably with a slice of humour

hehehehe i like that. The first thing i though of when i read that was...

david_brent.jpg

Archived