Live Earth

JasonB

Anyone else going to be watching any of this? I'm do what I did with Live 8 and watch the whole thing.

I'll also be recording it all on videos which come next week I'll have my uncle transfer onto dvd's for me ;)

Cant wait for Genesis, Foos Chillis and Metallica!

BBC2 all day long, can't say I'm watching that much of it too many excellent sporting events taking place.

Already watched Hamilton snatch pole at Silverstone, got the Prologue of Le Tour de France starting soon & of course England v West Indies ODI to watch. Madonna can take a back seat

Just turned it on :) . Whilst we're on the subject of fundraising events for the environment did anyone watch the BBC 'Saving Planet Earth' event at Kew Gardens last night? Was pretty corny with loads of OTT pledges of how we need to act now. Dont get me wrong, I'm totally behind conservation as I work for the Environment Agency but last night had me in stitches. I fully understand that these claims are true but it's just the way they were describing it.

Pretty depressing subject really as if global warming is actually happening and is totally influenced by us, we dont stand a chance of stopping it in reallity as countries pushing for dvelopment such as India & China just aren't going to be able to reduce emissions with that level of development. Then there's the issue of the USA. No chance of getting them to do s***.

Has someone been swearing on live BBC TV :o ? Jonathan Woss has just apologised for the foul language!! :lol::lol: . Quality. Nothing beats a bit of profanity on live TV!!

I havent notcied any foul language myself!

Im annoyed though by switching to random crap like katei boreula in hamburg while metallica are on! hence a few of their tracks and up being 'wembley' only censoreds! was looking forward to enter sandman as well!

Chris Rock came on & told an awful joke about Paris Hilton that wasn't the slightest bit funny then proclaimed 'lighten up mother f*ckers, s***!'

Nice goin Chris :thumbsup:

How embarrassing. I'm not for all this charity stuff, certainly not for 115 hours a day - it's meant to "raise awareness" of global warming, but we know there's global warming. I wanna know what we can do about it, not listen to live links around the globe.

On the subject of Wembley, how cool would it be to have a massive House or Trance event in there!

It'd be wicked. If the roof was on you'd get that nightclub feeling all day. It'd be a mission to fill it though.

Seriously though. What the f*** was that god awful song that Madonna created for this event and started her set with? :( . Now she's got f***ing Romany Gypsies on stage. Basically a couple of lairy pikeys.

I turned it on for two minutes and saw Johnathon Woss and Russell Brand - that was enough to put me off, so I turned it off again.

Russell Brand is the ultimate crap celebrity - he's up there with Victoria Beckham and Paris Hilton as people i'd like to slap.

Russell Brand is a lucky s*** though. Chicks everywhere want a piece of him. He seriously needs to look at his wardrobe though. Does he actually own anything else other than tight black trousers and tight black shirts. I honestly dont think I've ever seen him wearing anything else.

Yeah but they only want a piece of him for his fame and fortune - not because he's good looking.

He's a scruffy sod. His hair must have birds nesting in it, his beard his neither here or there, and his clothes wouldn't fit his cat.

Why does he wear mascarara too? He looks as queer as a bottle of crisps.

Now she's got f***ing Romany Gypsies on stage. Basically a couple of lairy pikeys.

I didn't see Madonna perform live but have heard that the gypsies who came on with her are Gogol Bordello, who are a superb band from Eastern Europe, very much an aquired taste but very original & inventive nonetheless.

I have no idea why they would do anythin with Madonna, or perform on such a large stage

I only caught the end of the whole event which included Madonna and the gypsies, I actually thought they were quite entertaining, obviously loving the chance to play such a big event especially with madonna.

Archived