Simon Patterson - Bulldozer/We'll See

Ducky

Yep, amazing - heard Bulldozer way back 3 months ago when he dropped it at media - the look on his face when he told me what tune it was, was nothing short of very very smug.

Bulldozer is deffo a match for F-16 for me, i think i prefer it to F-16.

Yeah i was there too that night, but ive not heard it since and I'm struggling to remember how it goes but I remember being impressed by bulldozer at the time. Will check out patts' myspace to jog my memory

I've gotta be honest, Bulldozer isn't doing it for me. It sounded promising until it hit the techy bit - then I felt it didn't sit right with the rest of it. The change from Trancy to Techy was a bit drastic.

We'll see is a lot better. Thats not a bad tune at all. It has a bit of a John O'Callaghan vibe to it. I could imagine this working well at a festival. I could picture Armin playing this as the last tune in his set.

I've gotta be honest though, Simon Patterson's solo work doesn't grab me as much as the Dogzilla stuff. I've got everything Dogzilla did, but out of Simon's work, i've only bought F16 - and I got bored of the breakdown in that quite quickly.

He's definately better as part of Dogzilla

Simon is a top notch DJ - he's very under-rated. He never seems to get the really big gigs.

As a producer though, outside of Dogzilla, i'm gonna take a bit more convincing.

fully agreed. Technically as a DJ, he is absolutely superb. I think i remember he did a Full Fire mix on Eddie Halliwells show at the start of the year and even Eddie made a sarky comment saying "That was a bit seamless wasnt it, could have been tighter though". For eddie to say something like that says a lot.

When i've seen him out he's pretty damn good too,

As a producer though, i'm not so sure. F-16 was obviously superb, but following releases havent really stood up. I'm not feeling "Bulldozer" either really.

I think its a case of DJ first, producer second.

He would have a face like stone if he ever saw that comment!!

Nah - had a chat with him last night and he knows that Bulldozer has the potential for more widespread appeal in comparison to his other productions. Its good news that Ferry Corsten, PVD, Tiesto and Armin will be all over Bulldozer for the rest of summer and to quote Ferry himself 'This is gonna be my anthem for the next 2 years'.

Good to hear it on Radio 1 last night... it was a bit of a Simon Patterson/Robin Palmer 1-2 last night :D

Nah - had a chat with him last night and he knows that Bulldozer has the potential for more widespread appeal in comparison to his other productions. Its good news that Ferry Corsten, PVD, Tiesto and Armin will be all over Bulldozer for the rest of summer and to quote Ferry himself 'This is gonna be my anthem for the next 2 years'.

Good to hear it on Radio 1 last night... it was a bit of a Simon Patterson/Robin Palmer 1-2 last night :D

I mean, he only Dj's to promote his name more as a producer!

He knows the crack with Bulldozer, he gets fustrated tho when people compare his different stuff as he could make 'F-16's' all day but that is not his aim. Few people are saying Bulldozer is nothing on F-16, he's not trying to better his other tracks but create different ones.

I mean, he only Dj's to promote his name more as a producer!

He knows the crack with Bulldozer, he gets fustrated tho when people compare his different stuff as he could make 'F-16's' all day but that is not his aim. Few people are saying Bulldozer is nothing on F-16, he's not trying to better his other tracks but create different ones.

Yep - he's one of the most versitile trance DJ's around as far as I'm concerned and has a rich understanding of each trance sub-genre. Although a prog set isn't what he's strictly about, he still crafts amazing sets. There is litterally only 4 UK guys doing it in trance as far as I'm concerned - Patters, O'Callaghan, Greg Downey and A&B although Patters is the only one prepared to take risks both DJ wise and production wise.

He would have a face like stone if he ever saw that comment!!

He probably would and i bet he puts a lot of hard work into his productions. I'm not slating them, but most just arent for me. Maybe Bulldozer will grow on me over the summer, because, i think this will be all over Ibiza - I've heard a few DJ's say this is "Huge" at the minute for them.

I happen to think he is one of the most underrated DJ's on the circuit, for me, his DJing eclipses his productions. He's better consistently as a DJ than he is a producer.

That said, i will stick with "Bulldozer", i'll give it a few more listens and a listen in a club, that may change how i feel about - this happend with Super8 DJ TAB "Needs To Feel" (Wippenburg mix) - didnt rate it till i heard it played out.

fair play mate, i fully understand where youir coming from, just saying he obviously wouldn;t like what u said as he only Dj's to promote his productions really :thumbsup:

His Dj'ing is quality, was so underrated - i always said he was an amazing Dj and now he's getting his break finally!!

Archived