Murray Walker to make F1 return

bigsteve

I think James Allen has done a good job, filling Walker's position was always gona be tough, he is the voice of F1.

Brundle isn't the most fun-loving guy out there but his insight is spot on, very technical but informative nonetheless.

I think James Allen has done a good job, filling Walker's position was always gona be tough, he is the voice of F1.

Brundle isn't the most fun-loving guy out there but his insight is spot on, very technical but informative nonetheless.

To me there are 2 summarisers on ITV and no real commentator. Its like a battle of information-giving. Murray would always commentate on what he (and us) saw. Brundle and Allen are too busy reading their information screens and there's very little excitement in their voices.

To me there are 2 summarisers on ITV and no real commentator. Its like a battle of information-giving. Murray would always commentate on what he (and us) saw. Brundle and Allen are too busy reading their information screens and there's very little excitement in their voices.

Spot on! :thumbsup:

Martin Brundle's knowledge of the sport is unbelievable. His knowledge is encyclopedic.

Murray Walker is to F1 as Peter Alliss is to Golf.

If Peter would ever give up his microphone it would leave a huge void in the BBC's commentary. This is what happened when Murray left F1.

Martin Brundle's knowledge of the sport is unbelievable. His knowledge is encyclopedic.

Yeah your right about that. It was funny when he & Murray used to commentate. Murray was always making cock-ups and Brundle was always correcting him.

Murrays commentary as the race started is impossible to rival. He gets so into it. Martin Allen's race start commentary is bland. Walker gave it "AND ITS GO, GO, GO at SILVERSTONE!!!!!". Martin Allen is just like "and we've started".

I would have to disagree there Sir Quadrant. I think Virgo is the most negative and boring snooker commentator of all time. He's very knowledgeable but just so dull. Clive Everton rules the roost. He's the same as Murray Walker in the snooker world. Could do with a new set of glasses though :blink:

I would have to disagree there Sir Quadrant. I think Virgo is the most negative and boring snooker commentator of all time. He's very knowledgeable but just so dull.

I'd have to agree there too. Virgo was great on that old show with Jim Davidson (Big Break?) - but on the snooker, I find him very annoying. He critices everything other players do, always tell us what they're going to do next, and he never shuts up - he loves the sound of his own voice.

What a good race for Murray to do his finale on! Great to hear his voice again on a Sunday afternoon, albeit 3 seconds ahead of the relevant pictures appearing on ITV. Also a shame that the Open happened to get some coverage too, but it isn't Radio Formula 1 Live after all.

I really thought Hamilton was going to scrape a point at the end; maybe he should have stayed on slicks?

More importantly, how slow was Charlie Whiting in putting the Safety Car out and then the Red Flag. When more than 2 cars are going off at the same corner, it is a very dangerous suituation. One driver or marshall being hit by another car could be fatal - it was obvious the race had to be stopped. The Safety Car nearly got took out by a backwards travelling car (I think it was a Spyker).

Very lucky that Hamilton got help back onto the track, but what a crazy situation making him 'unlap' himself. I've never heard of that under a red flag before :wacko: If thats the case, why aren't all the drivers released from the grid at different times, depending on what lead they had before the race was red flagged?

This was a really good race. Action-packed all the way. I though Alonso was heroic and thoroughly deserved the win. Its opened the title race right up with Hamilton not scoring. This is the kind of race that gets you excited about motor racing. The battle between Alonso and Massa near the end had me on the edge of my seat. Superb. When Schumacher was at the helm I became a bit bored because races became predictable but now its anyones guess. Raikonnen looked good for it until his car went kaput. There are quite a few drivers with the potential to win each race.

:thumbsup:

When Schumacher was at the helm I became a bit bored because races became predictable

Totally. It was well funny watching Ron Dennis take the piss out of Schumacher on the podium! Why did Schumacher even agree to present a trophy, knowing it could be to one of his previous competitors, and still so as Ferrari employ him :confused:

Very lucky that Hamilton got help back onto the track, but what a crazy situation making him 'unlap' himself. I've never heard of that under a red flag before If thats the case, why aren't all the drivers released from the grid at different times, depending on what lead they had before the race was red flagged?

Its a new rule for this season. It happened earlier in the year but i cant remember where and who it was

Its a new rule for this season. It happened earlier in the year but i cant remember where and who it was

Yeah, I'd seen overtaking under the safety car this season, but its strange under a red flag situation. Maybe I'm just a bit biased ;)

Was a decent race, lots of incident, can't beat wet weather to shake things up. That first corner was hilarious, seeing cars after car aquaplane straight off, it was a complete farce, luckily no-one got injured from it.

It was exciting seeing Hamilton race thru the pack but the decision to come in for slicks so early after he had just been allowed to un-lap himself was a joke, points thrown away there

Archived