Dubfire 'Roadkill' (Breakfast Remix)

Max Kane

I hate territory restrictions.

Right now thats out of the way I can explain, Toolroom signed this track initially way back at the WMC, they released the Original mix at the back end of June, this pleased me, i was happy, i could play a track that I liked & enjoyed doing so.

Then a week later the 'Breakfast Remix' appears on GDJB & ASOT, what's this? i thought a new remix that would fit more into my style of music, i want it.

I then learn that canny Armada have signed the track solely to release the Breakfast Remix. Armada then decide that the best way to make $ is to delay the release, not happy :(

Today the Breakfast Remix came onto audiojelly :) i thought, finally can get it in time to play it out at ES a week on Saturday. Not so it seems, Toolroom have obviously decided to protect their investment & have enforced a territory restriction, forbiding that the Armada release is purchased in the UK, fair enough, they don't wana lose custom on such a big signing. However what 'really grinds my gears' (Griffin, Peter) is the fact that Toolroom do not own the rights to the Breakfast Remix & as such I do not see why they should be allowed to prevent me from purchasing it! I mean fair enough on the other mixes as a purchase of the Armada download would directly inhibit on their profits BUT they didn't sign the Breakfast remix, they have no rights over it & its their own fault that they will lose money on people buying the best remix isn't it?

Toolroom have pissed me off a lot with this, and audiojelly should not be forced to restrict the sale of this new remix, I mean just cos a dosy UK label cannot see the massive sale potential of a great new remix from a hot trance artist, doesn't mean that other UK individuals do not wish to purchase the track. :angry:

Rant over

I havent heard the 'Breakfast' remix.. is it a trance remix?? I think the original ROCKS, def my tune of the summer already!!! I cant imagine a trnce remix of this working :huh:

Not really a trance remix mate, it just adds a few bpm & changes a few slight things to give it a bit more drive, the Original is superb but I'd have liked the new mix to add into my sets

I'm in Spain again to tie a few loose ends up in mid August - if anyone wants me to attempt to download tracks from abroad for them, I'll happily do this; whilst I'm doubting Spain will be ahead on anything, it's always worth a go!

I'm in Spain again to tie a few loose ends up in mid August - if anyone wants me to attempt to download tracks from abroad for them, I'll happily do this; whilst I'm doubting Spain will be ahead on anything, it's always worth a go!

Good effort Tim :thumbsup: Its all about who you know ;)

Ok nearer the time please write your lists below! I leave 21st August and can send them the next day :)

Appreciate the offer mate, hopefully the remix I'm after will be out before then & obviously ES is a week on Sat, but if not I'll drop you an email ;)

cheers for that Tom, i kinda like the breakfast mix better. i fell theres more depth to it. I'll nab this one i think!

I agree with you mate, I played the Original a lot & it's a nice change up from it, bit more energy & a slightly different breakdown, stands a fair chance of being played Saturday ;)

Archived