Kebabs

Quadrant

They are just awful. I hadn't had one for a long time but we were in the alehouse yesterday evening and I was treated to something along the lines of this:

kebab.jpg

Just disgusting. I still feel poisoned... why can't the UK sort out their kebabs?

Isn't kebab Turkish? Apologies if that's completely wrong, I know the Turks don't get on with the Greeks too well...

In Spain the kebabs were delicious. They were clean and they took pride in its quality, freshly served and healthy too... I cringe at the look of that picture, of lukewarm horsemeat served in a polystyrene container.

It's enough to make you throw up! :silenced:

Isn't kebab Turkish? Apologies if that's completely wrong, I know the Turks don't get on with the Greeks too well...

Souvlaki is different to a Kebab as the Greeks actually put nice things inside them, the yoghurt & salads that go into the Greek Souvlakis are great, the only supposed similarity is the 'meat' which in Greece is proper meat, freshly cut & served, as opposed to the processed crap they usually serve here.

The kebab may be of Turkish origin (I'm not sure) but I'm fairly certain we have taken a traditional food (from that region) & turned it into the monstrosity we serve here

Christ. Kebabs are just awful. I would never eat one of those things. I really try and watch what I eat anyway but thats just wrong eating the contents of that tray. It looks like the dregs from the bin after the kebab shop has closed.

Wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

"off the cuff", sir, I think is the phrase you are groping for. ;)

That is a truly horrific image I have in my head, Mr Robin. Are we allowed such phrases? I have been excluded from this board for much less! The adult weblinks I suggested for the acrhives were fully functional before they were removed, I'll have you know.

haha - remember chaps, when you're eating those kebabs tonight... you'll be getting some munchbox but not of the good kind!

theres a reason why you'll spend sat/sun afternoons on the loo dropping your guts...and beer aint the only reason...

Archived