Ibiza R1 Weekend Schedule

Stuart F

Looks like there is a bit of change to the usual schedule for the Ibiza weekend this year. Pete Tong will do Jules' slot on Saturday night and Jules will do a live show from Judgement Sundays on Sunday night/Monday morning from midnight till 2am:

Friday, 10 August

From Cafe Mambo studio - on air only:

Pete Tong - listen live 7-9pm BST

Annie Mac - listen live 9-12pm BST

Saturday 11, August

Live at Cafe Mambo terrace:

Vernon Kay and Radio 1 All Stars: Zane Lowe, Pete Tong, Annie Mac, Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell and Dave Pearce - listen live 4-7pm BST

Pete Tong - listen live 7-9pm BST

Live from Amnesia - ticketed event:

Radio 1 and Cream's party - live Essential Mix featuring Sasha, Eddie Halliwell and the Swedish House Mafia: Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso and Axwell - listen live midnight-5am BST

Sunday, 12 August

From Cafe Mambo studio - on air only:

Vernon Kay's Lie In - listen live 10am-1pm BST

Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems with PAs and highlights recorded at Gatecrasher @ Eden on 7 August - listen live 7-9pm BST

Live from Judgement Sunday at Eden - ticketed event:

Judge Jules - listen live midnight-2am BST

Many thanks Stuart.

Really surprised to see that Jules isn't doing his usual Sat night show. In fact l'm gobsmacked. I really enjoy his live broadcasts from Ibiza (7-9 slot) and can't see the point in changing it as Tong is doing his usual show on Fri night so why is he doing Jules's as well. Do you know if Jules is doing a set between 4-7 on Sat afternoon.

Many thanks Stuart.

Really surprised to see that Jules isn't doing his usual Sat night show. In fact l'm gobsmacked. I really enjoy his live broadcasts from Ibiza (7-9 slot) and can't see the point in changing it as Tong is doing his usual show on Fri night so why is he doing Jules's as well. Do you know if Jules is doing a set between 4-7 on Sat afternoon.

The bonus I spot here is that I expect it'd be a full 2hr mix! It's been a while since Jules did a full 2hr mix as he now has to accommodate the previous show :thumbsup: .

The Essential Mix lineup is awesome! Bout time we had Sasha back on & Eddie is always a good bet for the E-Mix. Also be good to hear the Swedes, always enjoy their sets as a change up listen.

Bit strange with the Jules Saturday show but to be honest I'd rather he did a 2hr mix every week, it's much better to hear a club set from him.

I'm still a little annoyed that they haven't followed up last years tactic of having 7 essential mixes, one from each night of the week, as that worked great. It meant that thye got to explore more styles & give more DJs a chance to play

R1 needs to broadcast new talent from the Ibiza show. I think this year's broadcasts woefully fail to meet what should be Radio 1's commitment to broadcasting fresh new talent. That sort of line up is not special and does not particularly represent what Ibiza is all about. The line up could quite honestly come from any dance event... this is Ibiza, it should be special. Not convinced about Tong presenting the Sat show - I just get the sense it'll be a repeat of the Fri show, just in a different order and perhaps sped up a bit.

Not convinced about Tong presenting the Sat show - I just get the sense it'll be a repeat of the Fri show, just in a different order and perhaps sped up a bit.

That's exactly what l thought. Don't know what R1 are thinking about.

Do you know if Jules is doing a "live" set between 4-7 on Sat afternoon.

The Essential Mix lineup is awesome! Bout time we had Sasha back on & Eddie is always a good bet for the E-Mix. Also be good to hear the Swedes, always enjoy their sets as a change up listen.

Yeah Tom mate - 5 hours of Emix certainly gonna keep me entertained today - Eddie's set or the page for the emix doesnt have Tracklist up yet; I'm gonna record this set :)

Essential Mix - 2007-08-12 - Sasha, The Swedish House Mafia & Eddie Halliwell Live From Cream At Amnesia, Ibiza (complete show)

http://www.tracklistings.net/index1...._tl&emixID=734

Sasha's part only - splitted

http://www.tracklistings.net/index1.php?setID=0008

(taken from another board)

ooh your such a darling. I'm well looking forward to hearing Jules tonight. Especially with no work tomorrow...

I haven't got work tomorrow either so l 'll be staying up for Jules's set @ Eden which I'm looking forward to.

I recently bought an iriver H10 mp3 player which has an FM tuner and can also record the radio onto its hard drive. I put it on timer last night for the Ess Mix and it worked a treat. So far l've listened to Sasha's mix which l thought was a bit boring and much preferred the Swedes contribution. Haven't heard Eddie's set yet.

It cost me £110.00 secondhand. A friend of mine managed to track one down for me in Tottenham Court Road London. I've got a 6months warranty with it and so far so good. I would have preferred to have had a new one but the 20GB version is hard to find now. They are normally about £180.00 and l went for this mp3 player as l wanted to be able to record the radio programmes. It came out as one of the best buys on "The Gadget Show" and also in the "Which" magazine too.

I am considering getting an Ipod on Sony Walkman becase I like to put all my BBC podcasts on there and especially the Reith Lectures, which I like to listen on the move. I currently have a car stero, which plays MP3s and is ideal, but when I get a new car I will have to see whats the deal...

the set posted above is only Sasha and Ingrosso, Axwell and Angello. Unless the post by Moonman is different to mine?

mate, i got the full 5 hours. At some point i'll clip the Eddie Halliwell section and upload just that. I got my demo CD's to sort first though!

Good spot and great buy - you can now put all my mixes on there - heheheh :lol:B):P

You may laugh but that's exactly what l intend doing, only l'm having a few problems getting stuff that's already on my computer onto my iriver mp3 player. This guy l know is going to show me how its done as l've tried and failed. :confused: :wall: Its like most things, its easy when you know how. ;)

nah its just computers and gadgets. I must be the most hopeless person when it comes to gadgets and all round electronic tomfoolery.

The British Force - I bet you got gadgets tucked away for secret surveilance and all that - the PNC and satellite dodgy stuff ;)

Archived