New Jules album

bigsteve

I'm kind of mixed about it - on the one hand, it'll be nice to be able to play "Laid Bare" in my sets once the album is released, but on the other hand, I wish Jules would release the tracks as singles from the first album before he brings out even more work.

We're still waiting for "Keep Me Running" off the first album to be released - including the Fabio Stein remix, and Jules's original dub Mix (the best of the bunch IMO)

Many of the tunes on the album CD couldn't be played in a set because they were edits. They needed some serious reconstruction work to make them playable in a set (which I did with a couple of them - but then lost patience).

I know Jules said a while ago that tunes are held back to a point where they're released at just the right time in order to generate enough sales - but surely the moment has passed for "Keep Me Running" now. It first surfaced three years ago, and Jules supported it at various stages throughout that duration with all three mixes. He's no longer supporting - which means, as a result, everyone has either forgotten about it, or got sick of hearing it.

Surely, the bets time to release that would have been 2 or 3 months after the Fabio Stein mix surfaced last year - by that point, it was fresh in everyone's minds, and everyone had heard all three mixes. I feel the moment has gone now, and sales have seriously suffered.

I agree with your points Briggsy about the release time of his singles and the fact that keep me running has been left for too long now. It seems to be a bit hit and miss, sometimes you manage to get a jules production within a reasonable period of time and with others it can seem like forever. I am not at all bothered now if keep me running never comes out to be honest.

I would love to see the next album come out by the end of the year tho. At the end of the day I always have a thirst for new music and I would much rather be able to get tunes like Laid Bare before they become ridiculously old than have to wait say an extra year to instead be offered more releases from proven worldwide.

I found I was able to reconstruct almost all the tunes on Proven Worldwide to a good standard to suit my sets but I have to say I really do want a full mix of Laid Bare even if thats the only one I can get as a full track. I would hate to miss out on any element of it as I think it is so good.

I think Jules almost can't help himself with his own productions he plays them a lot as one should to gauge reaction but he should maybe keep them to club only plays until they are near to promo

definately one of jules best ever productions. Will break into tears if this doesn't show signs of release within the next 4 months or so...

Get The Kleenex ready! Badoom tish

I'm the first to support Jules' productions but I really don't think there's anything majorly special about Laid Bare. The sound of it just sounds too dated to me in comparison to what else is going on in the world of dance music.

The sound of it just sounds too dated to me in comparison to what else is going on in the world of dance music.

Is that a bad thing though? At least he's doing something different to everyone else. Everything in the Trance world at the moment seems to be either Electro-Trance, Tech-Trance or Trance which sounds very similar to the Discover records style of Trance.

2007 definately hasn't been as strong a year as 2006 was for Trance. I had high hopes after Trance really seemed to stand out again last year. It went a bit stale between 2002-2005.

Archived