The dangerous one

Robin

It looks as if Dave's year is just getting better and better - he's got a new night happening at London's Ministry of Sound starting on Fri 31st August. It looks as if this will be a monthly affair and with initial guests Sean Tyas and Richard Durrant, it appears as if Ministry are looking to corner the market on monthly trance nights in London. Interesting times are afloat when Ministry decides to put on trance nights... When do we expect an artist album from Dave!?!?

Unless he has an opening for a fine young progressive DJ to open things up then I hate to say but I really don't have much of an interest in ever going.

I will say though that if he's gona get DJs such as Tyas & DurranD on board it could either be a great way of introducing the uneducated into trance proper or fall flat on it's arse, hopefully the former will prevail & I wish him all the best with it

When do we expect an artist album from Dave!?!?

In my interview with him 2 months ago, he said he's moving into production next year :D

His Delirium mixed CD was good though. It just proves that when A DJ is given freedom to put what he likes on an album and produce it himself rather than having a label putting in most of the input, the end result is spot on.

Unless he has an opening for a fine young progressive DJ to open things up then I hate to say but I really don't have much of an interest in ever going.

I will say though that if he's gona get DJs such as Tyas & DurranD on board it could either be a great way of introducing the uneducated into trance proper or fall flat on it's arse, hopefully the former will prevail & I wish him all the best with it

Argh!!

Durand (haha, one 'r' tom!)

As much as i would love to go see Durand & Tyas etc i owuld refuse to go see them play at anything to do with Dave pearce - nothing against Dave but the pricks attracted to his name, therefore to his night would lay a barrier firmly in front of me!

I'm going to this one! It's been running since the beginning of the year tho, every 3 months with the next one in Nov. Pretty good guests and the Bar room is a '10 years of dance anthems' with Slipmatt, K-Klass and Alex P ;) I love the soundsystem at MOS and then nights I've been to have had a decent atmos, hopefully won't be too chavvy....although I've generally been to old skool there and I suppose if I can deal with that I can deal with anything!!! Will post a review up after for you lot, and anyone that might be going let us know if you fancy a meet up!

Do agree it would be good if MOS did at least 1 trance night a month, they've had a few random crasher nights this year was well with decent guests....and not classics nights if I remember right!

Archived