4th best place to live in UK is... Ashford?

Neuro

Did anyone see this Channel 4 programme tonight, the Btes & Worst Places to live in UK? :o:o:o

I just can't believe Ashford came 4th best. Despite the new Outlet centre which boasts an array of useless chav shops and is very popular, my family and myself have not shopped in Ashford city centre for nearly 15 years, quite simply because it's rubbish. Canterbury is the place to go for shops, and it's just been revamped. It is also truly a "city" because it has a Cathedral (the definition of what a city is, and unlike Ashford which only has a parish church, thus Ashford is really only a "town").

It takes me 80 minutes to get into London at the moment by train (after Connex deservedly lost their franchise). My parents in particular absolutely hate it here, but having said that we've lived in this house for 20 years and could probably sell it for half a million now, so god knows how much it'll be worth in a few years' time! :o Completely disproportionate prices down south compared to the rest of the country.

Anyway rant over. Just don't come to Ashford; Canterbury is miles better. :D

Kirsty is a bit of a fox... or is that just me there?

She's a bit short though surely? Being 6'3" myself, she might be a good armrest I suppose...

Still, with a creative mind you can easily get round these things. :)

(never sure about heights!!).  

I'm sure you'd find a way to overcome it, i'm sure she's erm...accomodating! That sounds real bad!

Yeah one of my ex's was 5'3", and we got round that fine.

Just every so often I'd accidentally elbow her in the face in front of her dad, which would always go down well.

As for house prices Penzance is a very expensive place to live. There is no industry down here and we are totally reliant on the holidaymakers. People from "up the line" retire and come down here to live and prices have rocketed. We also have to pay more for our food as most of it comes into the county via road.

Yeah one of my ex's was 5'3", and we got round that fine.

Just every so often I'd accidentally elbow her in the face in front of her dad, which would always go down well.

That's not a very nice thing to do-and l thought you were a nice boy. :shock:

Ashford isn't that bad, Tim. I'm sure there are far worse places. The town centre is getting better shops and the whole places is getting more and more cultural.

Not that I care, I live in a quiet little town a few miles from there, so I can choose to go there or not.

It is full of chavs tho, which means that for a 20-mile radius you're bound to come into regular contact with one of the local 'oiks.'

Well apparently Ashford is gonna have to have 50,000 more houses built because it's a government 'growth area'. But 50,000?! Where the hell are they going to go?

I suppose there's always some people who are willing to sell half their land off for some crazy cash, at which point they regret it as the builders manage to squeeze in a small hamlet in what was once someone's back garden. :?

I'm a real moaner aren't I? I'll stop now! :D

• 1 year later...

Archived