Non-Dance Music CD's in your car / on your PC?

Simcut

I'm sure most of us here like non-dance music sometimes too!

Couple of tunes that are really doing it for me at the moment are:-

Friendly Fires - Paris

Editors - An End Has A Start

The Dead 60's - Stand Up

What about you? whats being played in your car and on your computer at the moment that IS NOT dance-music? :)

I'm a big Garbage fan. The first 2 albums were very very good. Version 2.0 is their better album. I also have Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Janet Jackson.

I am a bit of a closet rocker i suppose. I like classic rock to the newer modern rock. I always wanted a drum kit when i was little but the folks couldnt afford one and we had nowhere to put it.

My top 5 albums at the minute are;

Garbage - Version 2.0

Blink 182 - Enema Of The State

U2 - Joshua Tree

Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie And The Infinite Sadness

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X

If there is a better album than Joshua Tree, then i wanna hear it, cos it dont exist!

Although i'm still all about dance. There are times when i feel like something either more organic or more downbeat.

I've never been one for playing or liking the latest stuff because it is new. I only like it if its good.

Always been into indie music, i'd say my listening in the car is predominantly indie/rock with the odd dance music comp.

At the moment I've got Razorlight 'Razorlight' on largely because I was in the mood for 'I Can't Stop This Feeling I've Got' which seemed to pretty much sum up my mood this morning.

Other star albums I've had on lately...

Kings of Leon 'Aha-Shake Heartbreak' - after watching them at Reading

Biffy Clyro 'Puzzle' - saw them support Bloc Party earlier this year & their new stuff blew me away

Wolfmother 'Wolfmother' - riffage

Subways 'Young For Eternity' - eagerly awaiting their new album

The Strokes 'Is This It?' - one of the best albums ever made

The Libertines 'The Libertines' - again one of the best ever

Other bands which I'm getting into would be..

Cajun Dance Party - just signed a deal, awesome new band

Bat For Lashes - duno why but her music is incredible, very much in line with some of Bjork's better material

The Postal Service is a good choice, Sir Thirddriveness! I believe they are American but apart from that they are a fantastic band which I highly rate!

I love their sound, it's good to sing along to too, haha lyrics are a bit depressing though.

The dude is lead singer with Death Cab For Cutie I believe.

From what I've heard I really like these guys

It's all about Pink Squares, Tom...

I listen to a large variety of acoustic guitar singer songwriters. Most of you won't have even heard of these artists so there isn't much point listing them. I listen to that sort of music more than dance music but dance is always my passion as it's the genre that really got me into music.

I can't imagine getting out after a surf and listening to dance music. It wouldn't feel right. I just love sitting on the beach or in my car (In the winter!!) and listening to really chilled acoustic tracks. So beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived