muzik magazine bedroom beldam

Moonman

just found a very old copy of Muzik Magazine and finished leafing through it. God it's bought back some memories!! Anyway, i have the issue where Deepgroove won the Bedroom Bedlam contest they used to do. Did any of the DJ's on here ever send a tape in? Did you win it? I used to love the old dance mags (mixmag, ministry and DJ) now i only buy Mixmag because i think it gets the balance just right. But its not as good as it was.

It's interesting to see the DJ's that won the Bedroom Bedlam contest and see where they are now...I know yousef won it in 1999 and James Zabiela won it in 2001, are there any other a-list dj's who won it? I wonder if Eddie Halliwell entered it?

I just realized too, X-Press 2 "Lazy" is 5 years old (after reading the review in here!!) :ph34r::blink: :blink:

This brilliant feature only lasted until the end of 1998, as far as I can make out... is there any chance you could scan the feature for us to read? :)

ohh i'll see what i can do. It might mean i may have to nip into the work computer and do it from there...

I think Muzik Magazine finished in 2003 like Ministry did.

M8 was always a wicked mag too. I have a Simon Foy - Inside Out mix CD featuring some wicked tracks. This had really good reviews of specific club events and tracks that were highlights on those nights. It had a pretty good music review section too.

The magazines always seemed to be way behind with their music reviews. A track would come out in say, September, but wouldn't get a review till November. Whether this is because they didn't et promo's of the tracks I don't know.

This has been discussed before but the 'Essential Mix' Tape inserts from Mixmag were genius. All you had to do was cut them out and slip into an empty tape box, giving you an instant (accurate) tracklist!!

The Jules features were also pretty cool where he draw daft pictures on the centre of the vinyl to reflect the track's title.

Archived