NFL

Max Kane

Not sure how many from the board follow the NFL, personally I love it & am very pleased that Sky are doing a triple header each & every Sunday & increasing their overall coverage.

This year I've got a fantasy team too which should be fun, anyone else participate or care? :mrgreen:

yeah my mate is a big fan of american football, think his fav team is denver broncos.. hes been to see them twice, and he used to play the sport..

i like chicago bears, dont know why!

dont really follow the sport but think i may stay up watch some of it as i ve always been intrigued to try and follow the game.

i like how the refs can give reasons to the crowd, somethin which shd be implemented at football games in uk!

The NFL reminds me of this bar I frequented in Spain, where they'd put it on when there was no football or when Canal+ wasn't working... But every time I ended up getting distracted by its stop/start and lack of flow and so I tended to direct my energies into human interaction with strangers, which was not always but often more entertaining!

However, if there was ever an important "soccer" match on in this particular bar, involving Real Madrid, this was a different kettle of fish and you usually only had 3 options in what was always a rammed bar:

Either you accepted you were not going to chat to any people that evening; OR with your back to the TV, you can chat to a person, facing the door where you came in, as there were a couple of mirrors which if you stood in the correct place, meant you had a perfect view of the TV (with the image reversed); OR you'd position the person you're talking to between yourself and the TV (as long as you keep the 'blank face' and plying the person with drinks, I discovered every time you can get away with doing both (well, watching both, anyway :))).

im rather a fan of NFL, try to watch as many games as poss but tis quite hard unless u have Sky Plus - grrr!! Jealously!!

Reall enjoy watching and will as usual been keeping an eye on the leagues etc etc B)

Archived