iTunes

Aza

Lifted from the Apple site and elaborating on Apple's great news to offer TV shows (like they do in the US) available to download for UK customers...:

"Television shows are available in the US and UK only, and video availability varies by country. Television shows are £1.89 per episode in the UK. TV shows from the iTunes Store are downloaded in near-DVD quality at a resolution of 640x480 (up to 480, depending on the aspect ratio) and can be viewed on a computer, fifth generation iPod or widescreen TV with Apple TV."

Question:

Going on what the statement says about watching them on computer etc - has anyone ever done this and does the file come with digital rights management (drm) i.e. can you burn the purchased downloaded files to disc?

I'm not sure people will really use this until we sort out our "high-speed"broadband in this country. And as Simon said if you look hard enough there are often other methods of obtaining programmes.

The other thing is, what exactly is up for download? People already pay for their TV licence and can watch them for free. I say buy yourself a DVD/hard disk recorder and time it to record what you want from there?

Cool and cheers thus far...

Only thing is that progs like Prison Break, Lost etc are only on Fox and I believe we don't get that channel in this country?

But yes, Tim, the UK surprisingly is lagging in the high-speed broadband services - other European countries are well ahead, however early next year BT are launching their 21st Century Network, which I think will offer speeds of upto (again 'upto' being key here depending on factors like how far you are from the local exchange, quality of the line and the bloody moony cycle!) 21Mb.

Not sure how close I'll get to that - I'm on upto 8Mb and get a maximum of around 1.5Mb!

Archived