F1 Spying Row

bigsteve

Not quite sure what to make of it all personally. But having read the article at http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40662 it seems that the greasy spaniard has a lot more to answer to than the team as a whole. Why has he not been stripped of his points? Maybe someone doesn't want to ruin the finale of 4 drivers fighting for the championship?

And where does the £50m go? Someone's back pocket? Charity? Back into developing the sport?

The only good thing is that Hamilton is still in with a chance of winning the driver's championship.

I wouldn't be suprised if Ferrari had rigged the whole thing to set McLaren up.

Has been a very strange saga indeed & I agree that Alonso & de La Rosa are certainly coming out of it as very culpable for any misdemeanours. I mean firstly it shows how biased de la Rosa is in regards to Alonso by passing on the info to him & him alone, I mean it's obvious that the Spanish connection is apparent in them keeping info to themselves & not passing it along to Hamilton.

Still I'm pleased that Hamilton hasn't been individually reprimanded. Ferrari will win the constructors which will apease them slightly & we still get an open drivers fight. Spa should be a good race, one of my favourite circuits

AT the end of the day, is it really spying? It seems like Nigel Stepney gave the info to McLaren. Its not as if they were tapping into their computer servers or phone lines. Therefore its a rogue Ferrari employee at fault and not McLaren's for going looking for the information? Unless I've got it wrong... :confused:

No sir! Surely it's the rogue McClaren person's fault for continuing to allow himself to receive such private info. And then use it for his own team? I think both sirs are at fault. Shame they're both English, aren't they? :(

http://dict.die.net/spying/

Its not really 'secret' because at least one person in Ferrari knew it was going on. McLaren were receiving information being passed to them. Yes, they should have been more clever and told the FIA what Ferrari were up to. And thats what makes me think Ferrari engineered this on purpose.

Archived