Shivers - Armin Van Buuren

bigsteve

The first sampler is class simply cos its got Zocolo and Empty state on, the two tunes he's done with Gabriel & Dresden and Mic Burns respectively.

However i checked out the second sampler in 3 shades yesterday and its awful, Bounce Back (with remy & roland klinkenberg) is deep house, Gypsy is breaks and Control Freak is a blatant rip off of Right of Way by ferry.

Add to that the fact that Serenity is trying oh so hard to sound like Tiesto's Adagio and Shivers is clearly stealing the melody from Angelic's its my turn and you have the make up for a very poor album indeed.

Generally i'm gutted, Armin's previous works have been class but it seems he's lost his way.

The first sampler is class simply cos its got Zocolo and Empty state on, the two tunes he's done with Gabriel & Dresden and Mic Burns respectively.

However i checked out the second sampler in 3 shades yesterday and its awful, Bounce Back (with remy & roland klinkenberg) is deep house, Gypsy is breaks and Control Freak is a blatant rip off of Right of Way by ferry.

hmm, i think zocolo is probably the best tune on there, really good stuff (what else can u expect from g & b??!!)

I liked control freak - i thought i recognised it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived