Jules Live from Space Ibiza Radio 1 10 Years Shindig Thread

JasonB

Above and Beyond played a great mix of "It's my Turn" Angelica. It sounded absoluely amazing. I wonder if Jules knew they were going to play it. I really enjoyed most of A&B set but IMO their new tune "Standing Alone Tonght "sounds a bit medioca and it went on for too long. I recorded most of Jules's set which l thought was really impressive. I went to bed soon after 1am as l just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and had my walkman on. I must have been tired as even the banging tunes Jules was playing couldn't keep me awake. I'm just going to "listen again" now.

I stayed up to 2am to record some of this - some real crackers in Above & Beyond's set, it's nice they are keeping the true trance vibe going!

I reluctantly didn't record Carl Cox's 1998 mix on before that because I'd have run out of MDs but I definitely want to listen to it again... also proves to us that the BBC do hold old recordings. Interesting.

Loved Cox's set many instancies of two records together for minutes on end!

A&B's mix started off ona liked frist couple tracks then lost interest untill the AVB/Angelic un, then lost interest kinda again untill Jules came on, loved his 50 mins start to finish.

Can anyone tell me what tune Jules played before Matt Darey "Eternity" I've heard it before but it has never sounded as good as it did last night.

If my hazy tired memory is right I think it was

Kristine Blonde - 'Love Shy' (Electrique Boutique Remix) [Relentless]

Jules played that back in 2000, still have it on a few MDs from when he was playing it back then. What a tune to slip in, bet no-one expected that.

I got the impression Jules was looking forward to going on after Above & Beyond - the pressure was on because some of their set was fantastic and the crowd loved it.

If my hazy tired memory is right I think it was  

Kristine Blonde - 'Love Shy' (Electrique Boutique Remix) [Relentless]  

Jules played that back in 2000, still have it on a few MDs from when he was playing it back then. What a tune to slip in, bet no-one expected that.  

What a belter...back in the day lol.. Lots of good stuff from back then :) When i saw jules in december he dropped Ralph Fridge right in the middle and that went down a treat :) Dropping in the od classic tracks just heightens the set.

Yep I have I'll run you off a copy... you don't mind waiting a week though do ya? I have to blitz revision-stylee for that exam I screwed up a few months ago, I'm flying up to re-sit it next Thursday. So should be with you about 27/28th August :wink:

Archived