The Illness Thread

Max Kane

I've got tonsilitis & I'm bored, illness related discussion within

*NOTE - to prove how boring it is being ill at the time of posting this I have the 'Last Post' in each & every section of the forum ;)

This isn't an extract from a song but I'm a bit ill at the moment too. I don't spend much time in the office and it's because of my current health status that I avoid it where possible.

Its such an unhealthy atmosphere as its artificially heated and all the windows are closed so that you can't escape the nasty germs :(

Got a thick head, runny nose and a poorly tummy (as your parents would have said when you were a kid!). Not exactly the right conditions to go and see Jules & Co on Friday :(

Yeah your probably right. Sweating it out would do me some good. I'm blasting the Lemsip Max Strength's up until Friday.

Thankfully the clubs will be [almost] smoke free so won't wreck my breathing. I say almost becuase the only place I've found people ignoring the new laws is when at Crasher's Magna event. I guess it's very hard in clubs/big events to stop smokers due to the crowds and sheer numbers but the security guards/bottle collectors at Crasher didn't even bother. Makes me a little bit angry.

I love the way that at the Molineux all the guys who smoke congregate in the toilets at half time like school kids, you just see a mass of smoke billowing out of the door whenever someone goes in.

What makes it funnier is that one of the stewards joins them :lol:

I always find a big night out is the perfect remedy for me, I usually build myself back up to make sure I get out

I agree with you Tom, going out will either cure you or kill you. Uberduck hope you have a great time at Slinky.

I was going to go and see Jules in Camborne tomorrow night but have to be up at 4.45 Friday morning and so have decided (reluctantly) to give it a miss. Also it is only 4 weeks since l saw Jules in Ibiza and going to Camborne is a bit of a come down after having such a wonderful time at JS closing party.

Having returned to the doctors today I can safely say i feel no better, tonsilitis never troubled me before last yr, now I have gotten it twice in quick succession.

It better be shaken off by Saturday

Tonsillitis knocks you for six - I feel for you. I've never been so ill as I was when I had Tonsillitis. I felt rough for about a week :(

Thankfully, i'm rarely ill. Not had a day off sick in 3 years :D

Having been really ill with a lymph node infection (akin to glandular fever) last year I can deal with this ok, that illness forced me to re-do a whole year of uni :(

Having been really ill with a lymph node infection (akin to glandular fever) last year I can deal with this ok, that illness forced me to re-do a whole year of uni :(

I had glandular fever when l was 7 years old and was very ill in bed during the whole of the summer holidays and also missed the first 3 weeks of the new school term.

I was still very weak several months after going back to school and also had to have 9 of my first teeth out.

Hope you will soon be fighting fit again.

Archived