The Ruggers!

Simcut

Woohoo......man I am so happy that England are in the RWC Final....

I am going to be a nervous wreck though. I put a bet on England at 66-1 a week before the Australia match...... I put £10 on to win the world cup. If we win the final next Saturday I'm gonna get £670 WOOHOO! :D

Well done England though, awesome that they proved so many people wrong, pure English grit and determination, wish the Football team would learn.....

I'm not getting carried away, we've done magnificently well to reach the final on the back of all the thumpings we received prior to & during the group stage. To win we'll need the forwards to excel again, Sheridan & Shaw have been our players of the tournament imo.

RSA looked exciting going forward throughout & in all honestly I doubt we can find the flare to score 3 or more tries, hence why we need to keep the match in the same vein as we kept the Aus & France games. If we're in it (i.e. within 5 pts or so) with 15mins left we can win it

Saw the tail-end of the France-England match in Glasgow at the weekend... bit of a bad weekend for the French, but hopefully we can go all the way now and be the first to secure 2 world cup wins in a row.

I'm not that keen on rugby, but I think we caught the best part of the game!

Is Jonny Wilkinson winning it alone by hoofing it over the bar all the time like the last world cup?

why stop doing something that evidently works...? I love sport, and i a, partil to the RWC. I admire the attitude of it's players, there's no prima donna rolling around feigning injury, there's no f'ing a blinding at the ref. They just get on with it. Very good and refreshing to watch.

The one sport that always goes over my head, is cricket.

Massive Cricket fan myself, both playing and watching.... nothing was better at school than playing on a hard, bouncy pitch and pinging in a few bouncers at tail-enders (actually illegal now) or ripping out some cocky batsman's middle stump with a surprise yorker! I was always a rubbish batsman, though... :)

I love sport - but rugby is the one sport I loathe - but i'm very patriotic, so I hope we kick ass and win.

Is Jonny Wilkinson winning it alone by hoofing it over the bar all the time like the last world cup?

no offense Briggs but nothing does my head in more than when people make reference to 'jonny winning it with his boot single-handedly...'

What about the other 14 players who ruck & retain ball so well to even give jonny the opportunity to kick drop goals. Hell i can kick most of the drop goals jonny has scored so far (maybe not with my weak foor tho lol)! Ok maybe on a training pitch, but you get my drift!

You ask jonny and he will say the same!

England has shown great resiliance through the world cup so far. I think Ashton is right when he said after beating australia that england have reached a point where they can control the way their games are played - previous to this england have let opponents run games leading to slow balled matches, playing other teams tactics. Against France & Aus England played how they wanted to - beat the aussies up front, and ran at France to counter act their oh so boring predictable kicking game.

South Africa were not convincing against Argentina to be honest. Argy gifted them the win really, lots of mistakes including the interceptions....i think it was argentina making lots of mistakes rather than SA playing well & beating them. England can most definately do it, i think they will - the players believe in their performance - lets hope Sheridan & Shaw play out of their skins again - we wanna batter them up front like we battered Australia - South Africa are all about their backs.

I agree with a lot of Bjorn's points, the stars of this years run to the final have been Sheridan & Shaw. Wilkinson kicked the drop goals & obviously deserves great credit for holding his nerve & making the kicks, but his general play hasn't been up to his old standards & regardless of his drop goals it's been the pack that has got us through

Yep

I'm impressed with Paul Sackey or whatever his name is, the dreadlocked dude :)

I'm impressed with the whole England team to be honest, showed extraordinary grit and determination to succeed and prove the doubters wrong. Hope it comes off for us on Saturday, despite my bet.

watch Ashton bring Toby Flood on in the last 20 minutes again.....i do not understand why on earth he has done that the last two games...

He hasn't done anything yet mate I agree, but his ability to slot drop goals could prove useful in the later stages

He hasn't done anything yet mate I agree, but his ability to slot drop goals could prove useful in the later stages

true, but theres no one better than Wilko. I think its a dangerous move to bring off someone in the backs who have been playing well all game to bring on a small, young & very inexperienced novice!

Archived