Jules r1 20/10/07

JasonB

01:00

DJ Delicious - Let It Drop (Phunkwerk)

Joint Operations Centre - Flat Out (White Label)

Jaydee - Plastic Dreams [Laidback Luke Mix] (White Label)

Marco V On The Phone

Ernesto & Bastian - Unchained Melody (High Contrast)

3 Track Mix

Midway - Monkey Forest (Danilo Ercone Bootleg) (White Label)

Mac & Mac - Killer (White Label)

Bart Claessen - First Light (Yakuza)

Ame- Rej (Danny Jay Remix) (White Label)

Danny Rampling On The Phone

Deadmau5 vs The Police - Not Exactly Voices (White Label)

Lange - Songless (Newstate)

Greg Downey On The Phone

Fred Baker – Gregoria (Ba-Back Records)

02:00

3 Track Mix

Joop - On Top Of Things (High Contrast)

Maria Mena - Just Hold Me [Carl B Remix] (White Label)

Fred Baker- Alone

Mason - Quarter (Dave Lambert & Housetrap Mix) (Great Stuff)

Richard Durand On The Phone

Markus Schulz - Fly To Colours (Genix Mix)(Coldharbour)

K. Sheehan – Horizon (White Label)

M6 - Destination 6 (Octavius)

2 Track Mix

Unknown - Closer To Me (White Label)

Cosmic Gate - Body Of Conflict (Black Hole Recordings)

Fileden - Love Is No Passion (Kinky Roland Mix) (White Label)

Ali Payami – Stay (Just For Fun Recordings)

Nayo - Desert Storm (Smax And Gold Mix) (Fyro Music)

The Recovery Record – Laidback Luke’s Choice

Alan Braxe & Fred Falke – Runnin (Vulture)

Danny said he'd been asked to do a one-off set for charity- I don't think he's returned on a full time basis. He still does the occasional set now and again within reason.

I thought they were rather professional about it though considering those two don't get on. There were no signs of any friction between them.

As for Fly To Colors - Jules said a few weeks ago that he'd been sent it directly by Genix, so Genix may not have made it clear that its a remix and not a production. I'm sure Jules gave credit to Markus Schulz in previous tracklistings though?

I thought they were rather professional about it though considering those two don't get on. There were no signs of any friction between them.

is this friction between jules and danny or danny and R1? If it's the former i am very surprised!

Yeah, it was a few years ago now.

It started off when DJ Mag interviewed Danny Rampling. He slated Trance, and in particular, Judge Jules for being cheesy. He said he turned to House music because his passion for Trance went in the 90's when it became too mainstream and cheesy - and he singled out a couple of tunes Jules was playing as being far too cheesy.

Also, a few months after that, Jules threw a punch at someone in a club because they'd been a bit "in yer face" towards Amanda, who was out with him. It hits the news in the DJ magazines and got blown up a bit - but Danny Rampling had another open dig in DJ Mag/Mixmag saying that DJ's shouldn't be throwing their fists around in clubs, etc.

I don't think Jules responded to Danny Rampling criticising his tunes, but I think he did respond when Danny Rampling singled him out for throwing a punch in a club.

Danny Rampling was the one with the issue, not Jules - however, they'd have met up face-to-face in the Radio 1 studio's after those outburts, so they'd have probably had words and sorted it out then anyway.

Archived