Paul Oakenfold - The Authorised Biography

bigsteve

Sorry I'm not going off on one again about Oakey but I wouldn't use this as toilet paper. I haven't read it or any reviews but I refuse to fuel his oversized ego further by purchasing his biography. I don't doubt that there are a few good tales in there and to the upcoming DJ it may act as an inspiration but not for me thanks.

If it was the biography of Pete Tong, Armin, Jules or another level-headed DJ then I'd buy it. Tiesto & Oakey can take a hike. :thumbsdown:

Armins [theoretical] diary:

After blowing the roof off at Trance Energy I was on such an amazing high. I'd drunk the bar dry of it's vodka and had to be carried home by my manager. He invited a group of the podium dancers back to our room and we had wild sex all nigt.

Whereas it'd be more like:

After playing to a most excited crowd at Trance Energy I turned down the offer of group 'activities' from the dancers and retired back to my hotel room. I found the room to be most accomodating and the tea making facilities were excellent . My only complaint was that the handtowels gave me a most irritating rash.

^_^

I read aboute the 24/7 dvd ages ago and even saw a short video to pormote it mustev been even last year maybe!

Youll notice that out this week is oakies best of productions and remixes mixed 2 cd or unmixed 3 cd, the biog and dvd coincide perfectly eh?

Might be worth a read, I might buy it , im interested,. or should i buy the dvd instyead?

I read aboute the 24/7 dvd ages ago and even saw a short video to pormote it mustev been even last year maybe!

Youll notice that out this week is oakies best of productions and remixes mixed 2 cd or unmixed 3 cd, the biog and dvd coincide perfectly eh?

Might be worth a read, I might buy it , im interested,. or should i buy the dvd instyead?

I think I'll be asking for the book for xmas but the DVD I'm sure came out a while back this year as I got it in HMV in June...it's OK, obv the music is a Perfecto love in but the backstage stuff is decent. really funny bit when he's at Cream at Amnesia and you can hear Adam Sheriden blasting out some tech filth and Oakie goes 'who's this...get him to bring the BPM down will you.' Cream guy Mo says 'yeah sure 140?' Oakie: 'More like 130!'

Says it all really...hehehe!

That dvd release mstve been pretty quiet if i missed it! For that quote alone guv i gotta buy it now ha ha!

yeah pretty much mate, I think I saw an ad for it in mixmag and then just spotted it in the dvd section in HMV, not even racked out on a shelf, just hiding away in the A-Z, hehe!

Archived