Essential Mix October 27th

Max Kane

27th October

Cream 15th's Birthday: Pete Tong & Armin Van Buuren

03.00 Pete Tong

Mariah Carey 'Dream Lover (Def Club Mix)' (Columbia)

Pryda 'Europa' (White Label)

Unknown Artist 'VIP Tech' (White Label)

Dubfire 'Roadkill (ATFC Remix)' (Toolroom)

Heller & Farley Project ‘Ultra Flavour’ (AM:PM)

DJ Nick 'Summer Samba (Noferini Remix)' (No Label Recordings)

Fish Go Deep 'The Cure & The Cause (Cube Guys Remix)' (Defected)

Out Of Office 'Break Of Dawn' (Frenetic)

Sandy Rivera & Haze 'Freak (Bart B& More Secured Dub)' (Defected)

Laidback Luke 'Break The House Down' (White Label)

Tori Amos 'Professional Widow (Armand Van Helden Mix/Paul Woolford Re-Edit)' (East West)

04.00 Armin Van Buuren

John O Callaghan Ft. Audrey Gallagher 'Big Sky' (AvB Intro Mix)(Armada)

PVD Ft Ashley Tomberlin 'New York City' (Vandit)

Markus Schulz ‘Cause You Know’ (Nic Chagall Mix) (Coldharbour Recordings)

Hybrid 'Finished Symphony (Deadmau5 Remix AVB Instrumental)' (Distinctive)

Peter Martijn Wijnia 'Not The End' (Conspiracy)

D Ramirez & Mark Knight 'Columbian Soul (Gabriel & Dresden Tuscan Soul Reconstruction)' (Toolroom)

Armin Van Buuren 'Sound Of Goodbye' (Nic Chagall Drumbeat Re-Edit) (Armind)

Markus Schulz 'Fly To Colours (Genix Remix)' (Coldharbour Recordings)

The Doppler Effect 'Beauty Hides In The Deep (John O Callaghan Remix)’ (Electronic Elements)

Aly & Fila 'Lost Language' (Armada)

Available to listen again, little dissapointed with the Armin tracklist, seems he's playing a lot of the same tracks in the same order at the moment, but still a decent set, also added a few corrections ;)

Heller & Farley Project ‘Ultra Flava’ (AM:PM)

Proves r1 tracklist peeps are retards!

I'll be honest I haven't even listened to the Tong set, it doesn't look appealing, only heard the last part of the final track as I skipped thru to Armin's set

Have listened to the Armin set in it's entirity now, it's a decent set, flows pretty well & as usual with Armin the mixing is pretty much spot on, tho he does chop out a couple of tracks a little abruptly.

That Chagall Remix of 'Cause You Know' is immense

the pete tong tracklist looks good. I gonna stick my nec on the line here and say i have never really rated Armin, that said i do respect him and his achievements. I like things a bit more housey. I think sometimes he can be a bit too progressive for me and not funky enough.

I recorded both sets straight onto my MP3 player (using the MP3's FM Tuner timer settings) and listened to both sets late this afternoon. Really love the new mix of Fish Go Deep 'The Cure & The Cause (Cube Guys Remix)' (Defected) and Sandy Rivera & Haze 'Freak (Bart B & More Secured Dub)' (Defected).

On the whole, thought both sets were pretty good. Will probably listen to them again.

I think sometimes he can be a bit too progressive for me and not funky enough.

When Armin does one of his long sets, he always starts off Proggy and dull - thats the side of Armin I hate. Boring music with very little personality about it.

When Armin gets out of 2nd gear, he's by far the best Trance DJ around. He's more than capable of boshing it out.

One thing I like about Armin is his consistency. I've never heard a bad set from Armin. Dull perhaps on occasions, but always consistent with his DJ'ing ability.

For tong its the latest electro with a classic freom 92/93 to start then a om 9mid way through and woolfrods new edit ofr a classic from 96.

Armin, just looks dull by tracklist without listening....

And yeah what happeend to teh extendednes??!

When Armin does one of his long sets, he always starts off Proggy and dull - thats the side of Armin I hate. Boring music with very little personality about it.

When Armin gets out of 2nd gear, he's by far the best Trance DJ around. He's more than capable of boshing it out.

One thing I like about Armin is his consistency. I've never heard a bad set from Armin. Dull perhaps on occasions, but always consistent with his DJ'ing ability.

I think that the Progressive elements within Armin's sets are what make him stand out from other DJs who just play harder all the time, I personally enjoy Armin more when he builds a set rather than when he plays a load of tech-trance

I might need to change my trousers having looked at the tracklisting to this E-mix... god damn... the Morales mix of Dreamlover is just fetch beyond fetch.

INdeed tis good aint it! I got it ona cd pool classic beats cd from a good few years back!

Archived