Which Internet browser do you like better?

Quadrant

Which Internet browser do you like better?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always used IE until a couple of years a go and changed to fireox because of the hype. Won't change back now.

As quadders says it feels more stripped-down, IE feels too clunky with too much going on.

Same here, Firefox is faster for me to use when browsing. It doesn't try to do anything else which is perfect. However, I always have IE handy for testing purposes if I'm changing the website, because the Archives have to be acceptable to use for visitors with either browser!

Yeah that's a very good point Tim, I do still have IE for testing my website.

I've just installed iTunes on my new laptop and you have to have bloody quicktime installed to use it. Does anyone else find that quicktime messes up their browser with plugins? It seems to open mp3s in the browser window and play them rather than giving you the option to download. It also seems to have messed up some of my flash?

I think i've managed to sort this now but it's f***ing annoying as I never use quicktime once it's installed!!!

Wakey - totally agree with that exactly, so much so I went to the trouble of uninstalling QuickTime, because I never used it and it was annoying me by hijacking what files it wanted to play. Of course, on doing that, iTunes wasn't happy at all and wouldn't start.

Going to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Set Program Access & Defaults > Custom (dropdown)

is also useful when you have exhausted QuickTime's file options settings. I currently have it custom set to never open anything!:)

I use IE because that's all l know. :redface:

I recently installed a programme (but can't remember what one it was) and it also installed QuickTime which l don't think l need, and as it was causing problems l uninstalled it. I don't have iTunes.

Archived