remove the vocals

Burien

Does anyone have any ideas how to remove the vocals from a track,to make an clear Acapella Im sure the cut up boys get there accapella`s this way? Any ideas? I get all my accapella`s from www.accapellas4u.com but they get accapellas that havent been released. I just want for personal use in my mixes - I dont want to copy the cut up boys either! :lol:

I don't see how it is actually possible to obtain a clear accapella vocal from a source where it appears within a track. At the end of the day, the human voice has a massive frequency range and to separate that from it's background sound, which is also constantly changing, would be some feat. Maybe there is software out there that can just about fudge it, but I remain the doubting Thomas until I hear it for myself! :D

A very rough way to do this is by phase cancellation. This is when you take an instrumental version of the track and play it alongside the vocal version of the track but have one of the tracks a few milliseconds infront of the other. The music should roughly cancel each other out leaving the vocals to be the only thing that can be heard. In the case of not finding an instrumental version of a particular vocal track, you can find a non-vocalled part of the track, find the loop within that section, copy and paste it under the same position as the loop that has vocals on it.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

BTW - I think the cut up's get quite a lot of genuine 'pellas that will never be released as they're very good vocal producers/engineers in their own right, outside of their 'Cut Up Boys' moniker. Also, a lot of the 'pellas they use are from R&B/Hip Hop/Urban tracks and it is customery with these releases for a 'pella track to be released on the 12"/Maxi single. Hip Hop DJ culture is still very creative and DJ's like to use 'pellas a lot to create 'new hot jamz' when in da club!

A very rough way to do this is by phase cancellation. This is when you take an instrumental version of the track and play it alongside the vocal version of the track but have one of the tracks a few milliseconds infront of the other. The music should roughly cancel each other out leaving the vocals to be the only thing that can be heard. In the case of not finding an instrumental version of a particular vocal track, you can find a non-vocalled part of the track, find the loop within that section, copy and paste it under the same position as the loop that has vocals on it.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Thats what I was thinking of exactly! yet i wsnt as I couldnt remember

Archived