Music downloads

Neuro

I am currently addicted to buying music - after discovering (yes, rather late) that Discogs.com has a nice marketplace, and some tasty offerings, I realized this evening that I have spent:

* £22.80 on DJDownload (mp3)

* £65.35 on Discogs.com marketplace (vinyl & CD)

* £13.78 in beatport.com (mp3)

and now £70.31 on 51 mp3 downloads at Juno.co.uk!! :(

Does anyone else suffer from this problem and if so, can they afford it?? I thought Juno would have given me a discount but unfortunately not...

My only problem now is that my student loan is at risk of being obliterated in the blink of an eye! Help!

When I first got my CDJs I went on about a three week splurge to get up to date with all the digital only releases I had wanted & to get myself a decent selection from which to mix my shows.

Now I tend to purchase once per week, usually on a friday & get around 10 tracks or so, dependent upon the quality of releases & the amount of promo tracks people have sent

How bout listing all thses musical delights ya bought tim!

Erm, I can't possibly do that, but I will list a fair few of them here :)

*mp3s (all 320kbps, obviously - all predominantly bought to save me ripping my vinyl)

Allure - 'When She Left...' [black Hole]

Andain - 'Beautiful Things' (Gabriel & Dresden, Photon Project, & Airwave Remixes) [black Hole UK]

Aria - 'Dido' (Armin van Buuren Remix) [black Hole]

ATB - '9pm Til I Come' (Sequential One 1999 Remix) [Kontor]

Blair Bitch - 'Blair Bitch' [Nebula]

Blank & Jones - 'The Nightfly' [Kontor]

Matt Darey pres. Marcella Woods - 'Beautiful' (Original & Pulsar Remixes) [incentive]

Desyfer - '831' (Original, Fletch, and X-Cabs Remixes) [solaris 2007]

DJ Tiesto - 'Urban Train' (Original 12" Instrumental) [black Hole]

DJ Tiesto - 'Adagio For Strings' (Phynn Remix) [black Hole]

Hi-Gate - 'Pitchin (In Every Direction)' (Original 12" Instrumental Mix) [incentive]

Hi-Gate - 'I Can Hear Voices' (Schizophrenic Mix) [incentive]

Iio - 'Rapture' (Riva, J Creamer & Stephane K Remixes) [Data]

Intrique - 'Latino Nights' (Motivation and Timecode Remixes) [Nebula]

Intrique - 'The Darkroom' [Nebula]

Kamaya Painters - 'Soft Light/ Endless Wave' [black Hole NL]

KMC feat. Dhany - 'I Feel So Fine' (G&M Project Remix) [incentive]

Lost Witness - 'Home' (Mike Shiver Remix) [Nebula]

Madelyne - 'A Deeper Love' (Gizeh & 4 Strings Remixes) [Liquid]

Major League ' Wonder' [Captivating Sounds]

Mike Shiver - 'Feelings' (Leon Bolier Remix) [solaris]

Neo & Farina - 'The Key (Alba Rossa)' [Platipus]

Solar Stone - 'Solarcoaster' (Original / Midway Remix) [Lost Language]

The Blockster - 'Grooveline' (Matt Darey Remix) [MOS]

Three Drives - 'Air Traffic' (Original Mix) [Massive Drive]

Warrior - 'Voodoo' (Oliver Lieb Remix) [incentive]

Y Traxx - 'Mystery Land' (Original Mix and Mr Sam Dub) [Nebula]

Jan Johnston - 'Calling Your Name' (Neo & Farina / Art of Trance Remixes) [Platipus]

*vinyl - some from "Craig's Goldmine" :)

Africa - 'Africa 2000' [white]

AIDA - 'Far & Away' [iD&T]

Ayla - 'Angelfalls' [Edel]

Chris Bangs - 'Warm Weather' (Original 'Trance' Version and Solar Stone Remix) [iNCredible]

Cosmo Kid - 'Cosmic Meltdown' [bonzai UK]

D*Note - 'Shed My Skin' (Airwave and unknown remixes) [white]

David Forbes - 'Answers' [Red Monkey promo]

Digger - 'Episode II' [Casa Nostra]

DJ Dan - 'X-Santo' [southEast]

DSP - 'From Russia With Love' (Matt Darey Remixes)[(Liquid Asset]

G Club pres. Banda Sonora - 'Guitarra G' (All mixes) [Defected (doublepack)]

Indica - 'Vishnum' [Twisted Minds]

Intrique - 'Latino Nights' (Motivation Remix) [FTM]

Jens - 'Psycho Strings' (All 99 Remixes) [EQuality/Superstitiion]

Lootbeggars Vol. 1 - 'Coco Apness / Miracle Answer' [Masked]

Mathias Schaffhauser - 'Hey Little Girl' (PAscal FEOS and Blue Remixes) [white]

Maria Taylor - 'Angry Skies' (Beyond "Still Dream" Remix) [Deconstruction]

Nitromethane - 'Time To Die' (Seraque & Silvester Remixes) [impetuous]

Orson W - 'The Love I Lost... / Ilse' [Rewind]

Pitcher - 'Strike!' [suck Me Plasma]

Pants & Corset - 'Sacrilege' [white]

Portamento - 'Trance-Endant' (Mispressing) [white]

Riva - 'Unknown' (Double-sided) [white]

RMB - 'Deep Down Below' (DJ Mellow-D Remix) [silver]

Scott Bond & Solar Stone - '3rd Earth' [iD&T promo]

Space Brothers - 'Everywhere I Go' (Push Remix & Original Mix) [white]

Slynus - '1' [white]

Sun Decade - 'I'm Alone' (Ronski Speed & Mirco de Gova Dubs) [Euphonic]

Smudge & Smith - 'Near Me' (Translucid Club Mix "1") [iNCredible]

Soho - 'Flyin Madness (Part 1)' [byte Blue]

Sourmash - 'Force Of Habit' [First]

System F - 'Cry' (All Mixes) [Tsunami]

System F - 'Out Of The Blue' (Original Mixes) [Essential]

Salt Tank - 'Eugina' (Club Mix) [Hooj Choons promo]

Sheer Brilliance - 'Don't Be Afraid Of My Love' ('99 bootleg) [white]

Slymixer - 'Remember Camels....' [white]

VapourTrail - 'How Do You Say... (Forever)?' [igloo]

...plus a lot more, can't remember now!

Whats the score with your audio setup then Tim? I was always under the impression that you didn't have any decks? I guess you've got yourself setup then. Maybe I missed that one then.

You seem to be buying big but good on ya ;) . Some absolute treats in that list :thumbsup: .

The issue I find with buying older tracks is that I feel guilty in that I should be concentrating on buying new tracks. If you've got hoards of pennies to spend then there's no issue but otherwise, I guess you have to dip into the classics every now and again. -_-

The issue I find with buying older tracks is that I feel guilty in that I should be concentrating on buying new tracks. If you've got hoards of pennies to spend then there's no issue but otherwise, I guess you have to dip into the classics every now and again. -_-

I think the concentration should be on GOOD tracks. Tim's buying loads of them. I'd rather play a few good oldies rather than a few naff new ones. I guess that's why i kinda respect the more eclectic dj's (not usually trance ones) who just play good solid tracks.

I can see your point though, you do have to freshen things up a bit so it's a good look, old with the new.

Oh yeah definitely. I'm not saying that you shouldn't play old tracks. In fact I'm more in the thinking that more old tracks should be played. If music is all about being creative and open minded then to not play old tracks at all would be a contradiction. Obviously to saturate your set with them would be daft but playing the odd one here or there is hardly a crime. I mean how nuts would you go if you were listening to Jules somewhere and he dropped Caned & Unable? PVD does it as standard with his sets using For an Angel, Nothing But You etc (although often using new personal mixes/edits) to much applause.

Guess it depends on what takes your fancy :wub:

Whats the score with your audio setup then Tim? I was always under the impression that you didn't have any decks? I guess you've got yourself setup then. Maybe I missed that one then.

You seem to be buying big but good on ya ;) . Some absolute treats in that list :thumbsup: .

I have no setup and have never mixed, purely because I've never got round to it. I just buy tracks I like and that will replace my vinyl. My quest to replace my vinyl collection with digital replacements shall one day be fulfilled, and if it means buying them again to save me ripping them, then fine by me :)

I don't feel the least bit guilty! It's the labels that should feel guilty for not putting out their entire back catalogue up for digital download, and not from just the last 4 years or so. There were some amazing tunes back then and I am determined to get digital copies of them, either from mp3 stores, or by ripping the vinyl myself.

In fact, I have made some more purchases!

*mp3s

Energy 52 - 'Cafe Del Mar' (Three n One Original Extended Mix) [Hooj Choons]

Jon O'Bir - 'Effectual' (Original Mix) [Conspiracy]

System F - 'Insolation' (Ferry Corsten Remix) [Tsunami]

Matt Darey pres. Mash Up - 'Liberation' (Solar Stone Remix) [incentive]

Lustral - 'Every Time' (Timo Maas Remix) [cant remember the label]

The Thrillseekers - 'Synaesthesia' (Original En-Motion Mix) [Neo]

Cygnus X - 'The Orange Theme' (Bervoets & de Goeij (Rank 1) Remix ) [Hooj Choons]

Tomski feat Jan Johnston - 'Love Will Come' [Xtravaganza]

There was a fabulous little bootleg called "Remember Camels" by Slymixer, which sexed up the original Santos track you all remember ;)

http://www.discogs.com/release/15222

The bootleg version is a great track, was on some old Slinky compilation I owned, works really well

Got camels on pormo orig and dj zinc, never did buy the saints & sinners mxi as it was t edited version on t release vinyl, the full length remix i havent come by yet...

As for sly mixer, I have seen a guy in the us flogging it.... but too much for what it is though really imo...

Archived