Nightclub Shootings in Venezula

bigsteve

4 people shot dead at a night in South America where Carl Cox was playing in an apparently gang-related shooting. Not good news at all.

Plenty of vids on Youtube which I won't post links to as you can all type. Some are a bit horrific, so be warned.

I was chatting to a couple of people about this just the other day. The security is disgraceful and it is just never the type of thing you ever associate with dance music.

I watched one video and although you don't see anything, the hysteria and helpless noise of the crowd made me feel that same horrible 'bottomless' feeling in my stomach you get, like when you are lost as a kid..... Awful.

eh get this, i blame a lot of it on hip hop music/culture. I strolled onto 50 cents myspace page and there's a photo of him with what looks like a sawn off shotgun with the caption "Shoot or get shot", now considering he's currently one of the more commercially successful recording artist globally, what kind of message does that send out to kids of 13-14 who look up to this guy? Most rappers glorify violence, gangs and drugs and that's why i turned my back on hip hop in the mid 90's.

god i sound like my dad!

^ your spot on though mate, whether you sound like your dad or not.

I HATE all these "macho men" who like to pose with guns etc, be a real man and use your fists instead.

That shooting was terrible but at the same time, there was something hilarious in the video. Watch closely when Carl Cox is told about the shooting, he turns around to face the crowd and drops behind the decks, its hilarious to watch it. It's like he had an escape elevator or something!

Gun crime really does get me very angry. As Simcut notes, it'll make me sound like a media fed grandad but kids seem to get brainwashed into thinking its cool and yes, MOBO does seem to be a major factor in this. The figures for shootings and death by shootings in this country is sickening. You dont hear about 80% of them.

Just watched the video. I feel so hollow and empty after that :( . Its so sad that people think killing somebody is a way to solve a problem. Such a cowardly resolvement.

It amazed me in that video how long it took before everybody in the club (inc. Coxy) took to notice it but I guess the loud music etc. would mask the hysteria following. To see people still shooting around the club right near the end of the video when the guys are literally on the floor dying is pretty sick.

I won't be watching any of the videos as l would find it too upsetting.

I don't understand how so many people (in this country) are armed, l thought you had to have a gun licence in order to own a gun. If this is the case then how come these youngsters are running the streets and shooting innocent people. Where are they getting them from.

Simple...... black market.

If you ever look at the contents of a gun amnesty the weapons are largely made up of old-type guns that have been decommissioned. It's pretty scary actually the types of weapons that are used in the so called gang culture.

I watched one of the Ross Kemp on Gangs shows where he was in Brazil (or similar) and he was taken into a police lock-up which contained literally thousands of pistols, automatic machine guns, rifles, grenades (and launchers) and god only knows how many knifes etc.

The favela gun cluture in Rio De Janeiro makes the UK look safe as houses. People we dying daily and in some horiffic manners. The police over there are enemy No.1 to the gangs and are regularly killed by assinations and gun battles. Not an enviable job by any standards.

Archived