Jules Diary Report

Bjorn

haha, nice one Timotei, check this out:

On Monday night I played in Durham, close to Sunderland and Newcastle in the North East. It rained torrentially for the first 200 miles of the 280 mile road trip, which can’t have been pleasant for my driver Pete. Up until checking our notes on arrival I’d thought I was playing in Durham University, but the gig actually took place in Durham club The Studio, albeit with a predominantly student based crowd. Thankfully the shocking weather hadn’t reached as far north as Durham. Whilst folk go out on Saturdays whatever the conditions, on midweek nights rain can put a dagger through numbers. Studio was comfortably busy- although we’d arrived half an hour late because of the weather, the rescheduled midnight til 1.30am seemed like the perfect set time. Tim Traill, who runs the independent listings site judgejulesarchive.co.uk, was in the club, as he’s studying at Durham Uni. If you’ve not visited his site, it’s the most comprehensive source of tracklistings covering my 10 years on Radio 1.

Nice little plug for the site there, B)

It is a good plug - and its almost as if Jules is encouraging people to visit the site. Its almost an admission that this site is better than his official site and the Radio 1 site for finding out info about his sets.

Fair play to Jules for giving it the seal of approval. Some other DJ's would take offence at someone setting up a website like this :D

I just had to chuckle at this on the JJ.net too:

Hello and welcome?

The question mark at the end makes it sound like he's questioning whether you are actually welcome :lol:

Judging by the reception that some people get in the official JJ.net message board, i'd say that the question mark is appropriate because the members aren't very welcoming there :lol:

I just had to chuckle at this on the JJ.net too:

The question mark at the end makes it sound like he's questioning whether you are actually welcome :lol:

Judging by the reception that some people get in the official JJ.net message board, i'd say that the question mark is appropriate because the members aren't very welcoming there :lol:

im Ron Bergundy?

I'm sure Jules mentioned a week or two ago that his diary reports would be updated every 10 days now instead of a weekly report. He does keep his site updated more than just about any other DJ out there and his reports are an entertaining read and educational at times! Nice one on the name-check though Tim!!!

Jules should post his blogs/diaries up here, they could be archived, and kept here along with everything else :) He could upload his mixes to his site, they could be linked here along with their respective tracklistings ID'd here :)

I agree Jules board is full of numptys, this is the true board for the Jules music lovers/fans.

I really am pleased for you Tim and of course all of us! lol Its nice to know that the hard work is noticed especially all the time and effort you have put into this over the years Tim, WELL DONE MATEY!! :thumbsup:

This is the true board for the Jules music lovers/fans.

I really am pleased for you Tim and of course all of us! lol Its nice to know that the hard work is noticed especially all the time and effort you have put into this over the years Tim, WELL DONE MATEY!! :thumbsup:

I second that :thumbsup: This is such an informative and friendly site and so hopefully it will continue to go from strength to strength.

BTW Tim, did you get a chance to speak to Jules when he was playing at Durham Uni a couple of weeks ago as you didn't do a report on the night.

Archived