Next England Manager

Max Kane

Next England Manager  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I think Mourinho, he has stated in his usual cryptic English that he's open to an offer, he knows the English game, loves the media & the media love him. Possibly a little arrogant & conceted but who cares if he gets results?

18 months ago, I would have said Big Sam - and he'd still be my number 1 choice - but there's no way he'll talk to the FA now after they messed him about last time. Second choice would be Martin O' Neill - but like Big Sam, he was interviewed several times when Sven went, and the FA messed him about.

Now, i'd like to see Harry Redknapp in charge. He's always been a very under-rated manager. He gets teams playing well (Portsmouth are playing some really entertaining football this season!), he knows his stuff, he doesn't take any nonsense - and he's good tactically. He also doesn't have any favouritism towards players - unlike previous England managers. Unfortunately, I think his arrest yesterday may have ballsed up his chances :(

As a last resort, i'd opt for Steve Coppell - he's worked miracles with Reading, and has a great reputation in the lower leagues - however, i'm not sure if he's proven himself enough at the highest level over a long period of time yet.

I wouldn't even mind Terry Venables again. His record as England manager the last time was supurb - he only lost two matches. One was against Brazil, and the other was against Germany on penalties. He was the best England manager over the last 10 years in my opinion.

I don't want a foreign manager at all - I believe that the national team should be managed by someone from that country. We wouldn't have an Italian defender or a French Midfielder, so I don't really see why managers should be foreign too. It don't seem right.

I'm not convinced about Mourinho either. Chelsea played boring, unattractive football while he was in charge, and despite all the millions he spent on players, they didn't gel too well as a team. With all the money he spent, he should have won the league and cups easily - but he didn't. He won the league by just a few points. After spending over £100m on players, he should have pissed that league. You could have given any manager in the Premiership the Chelsea job with the same amount of money - and i'm sure they would have achived the same, if not more, as Mourinho.

Kate McCann would make a great England manager. She's got a great record - only lost one in Europe......

Fabio Capello for me.

I saw him win La Liga in Spain with Real Madrid last year and his tactics were absolutely spot on in one of the tightest ever finishes to the Spanish League. (Real's bizarre response was to immediately sack him, as they do every year). Of course, he had had the same success with Real a decade earlier too.

He has fabulous experience and a wonderful record of trophies, but if he doesn't manage England he might even be tempted by Australia!

I like Mourinho too because of the amusing quotations he comes up with (not really a football reason!). A good tactician also.

Mourinho for me too. No question. I think he is thick skinned enough to tolerate the bullsh*t that the English press write about the national manager.

It's been said a million times before but the English national coach is the hardest job in the world as so much is expected of the national team (or at least now we expect to qualify for 2010).

Redknapp would be my choice as an English manager but he's all but conceded the job because of his recent arrest. He made an interesting comment a few days ago saying that how could any English manager turn down this job. Luckily that doesn't include Oneil as he is a paddy because he is my real first choice manager from our home islands. So manay managers have said they are not interested, probably because they dont want their names thrown around as was the case when Mclaren was appointed.

Personally I really don't think we produce what you would call 'world class' managers. Fergie is a Jock but he's the best our home islands has ever produced in my opinion.

The way the FA are going about deciding who's the best man for the job makes me laugh. Its shamefull and makes them look stupid and lacking in real knowledge.

They've asked Platini, Beckenbauer, Toshack, Hodgson and are looking to speak to Fergie, Wenger, Charlton (Bobby), Gerrard, Terry et al.

Granted, lets get all the advice about managers that we can but asking the likes of Wenger, Beckenbauer and Platini? Ok these people are football geniuses but why should the FA need to speak to them? Surely we have the brains within our own country to highlight pro's and con's of various managers? Platini said we need an Englishman. Ok then Einstein, which one? God help us if they ask Sepp Blatter. He's a total tool :confused: .

Exactly! In the same way as why are we asking Beckenbauer about the next manager? Barwick comes across as the thickest piece of sh*t the world has ever seen. They keep using the phrase 'world class' like it's going out of fashion. If your talking about 'world class' your talking about the likes of Lippi, Scolari, Hiddink, Mourinho etc. Certainly not Mclaren, Curbishley, Allardyce and the like.

I can see them making a total balls up of this again. They are so open about these things that we are, in effect, washing our dirty linen in public. -_-

Yeah I do agree with that in a sense but I honestly think we don't have a manager of the required class. As I've already said, Redknapp would have to be our best option of an Englishman.

To achieve the level England should be at (with the class players we have), so called 'world class' managers are required surely??

Exactly! I know thats his theory (sexy football) but I certainly don't associate sexy with Ruud's of any kind i.e. Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Gullit used this 'sexy football' phrase when he took over at LA Galaxy. Problem is that he's managing a team of players unable to create 'sexy football'. I've watched a couple of the channel 5 shows focusing on the MLS and it's far from sexy. Everything about their league makes me laugh. The phrases the commentators use are bizzare and the pitch makes me dizzy :eek: with the contradicting NFA markings mixed in with the 'soccer' ones.

Mourinho playing with the media again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7125195.stm

I still don't think he'll accept it if he's offered the job.

of course he wont. He's simply playing with the media in the hope a big club will swoop on him. This way he keeps his name on the back pages. Good propganda for himself. If i was a manager, it's what i'd do!

I'm glad Mourinho isn't interested. He's not my cup of tea at all. He's far too arrogant, and hugely over-rated in my opinion.

I still feel we should have an Englishman - and I still say Harry Redknapp is the man.

Knowing the pratt's on the FA panel though, we'll end up with Ronald McDonald as manager.

Shame that Mourinho has ruled himself out, Capello seems to be the overwhelming favourite now. Not 100% convinced about him but he has a much better resume than most other candidates.

It annoys me an awful lot the way that young English managers are never given a chance at the highest level, clubs like Spurs would rather go abroad to a 'flavour of the month' manager like Ramos than offer their top job to an Englishman

It annoys me an awful lot the way that young English managers are never given a chance at the highest level, clubs like Spurs would rather go abroad to a 'flavour of the month' manager like Ramos than offer their top job to an Englishman

Ramos did extraordinary things with Sevilla, winning the UEFA cup twice and making some shrewd signings. The icing on the cake was their thrashing of Barcelona in the Supercup, who were arguably at their peak having just won the Champions League. I think Ramos will do well at Tottenham if he is given time.

Ramos did extraordinary things with Sevilla, winning the UEFA cup twice and making some shrewd signings. The icing on the cake was their thrashing of Barcelona in the Supercup, who were arguably at their peak having just won the Champions League. I think Ramos will do well at Tottenham if he is given time.

Ramos did do a good job with Sevilla, but it annoys me that he is then at the front of the queue for an English Premier League job despite having no knowledge of English football or the differing style of play.

English & British managers can now only go so far, Big Sam, David Moyes & Martin O'Neill are probably in charge of the biggest clubs that would ever take a chance on their services. Big Sam's infamous 'Allardycinho' quote still rings true

Archived