Oceanlab - Sirens Of The Sea (Original Mix)

Neuro

Its on the Anjunabeats Vol 3 compilation, the Kyau vs Albert vocal mix. The funniest thing is I haven't heard a DJ or seen a playlist of a DJ that has actually played it! I think even if you search through Above & Beyond's tracklistings, they've not even played it.

Very strange and probably very exclusive to the compilation

The original mix isn't actually finished strangely enough, A&B just gave Ralph (Kyau) & Stephen (Albert) the basic elements so that they could do the remix specially for Anjuna Vol. 3, the original probs won't see light of day for 6 months (at least).

The actual KvA remix is very poor i.m.o, jus Made of Sun with a different vocal and less of a kick,

Hope the original is better when it finally comes out.

• 7 months later...

What's the score with this and how come it's release date keeps being delayed? I did hear it last year in Newcastle when A&B played and I remember asking Steve to make a mental note... wish it would come out soon (the original that is) - or isn't it finished?

As i posted on the weeks purchases thread, ppl are sayin that 2007 is probs when it will come out with new mixes and with an Oceanlab album, Above & Beyond have said that it would be foolish to put energy into another project while Tri-State is around (i.e they're gona milk it for all the cash they can get before moving on).

Very dissapointing, anjuna are really getting to me now, they were my favourite label but the dire release schedule coupled with all the dodgy proming has turned me right off

• 1 year later...

Nope, a unidentified new version was unveiled during TATW 197 during the Anjunabeachd Goa special show.

Word is, A&B and Justine are working on the Oceanlab album again so hopefully album and finally sots will be released sooner although Quad better get those olympic mugs out again!

Yes I have just heard that we shall have to wait until 2012 Olympics until this original mix comes out.

In the meantime, Anjunabeats have a special treat for those waiting - simply call 08700 888555 to claim your FREE* limited edition Anjuna mugtree!

MUGTREE_Grape.jpg

* Calls charged at £10 per second

• 1 month later...

its finally gonna see the light of day, after being nearly 3 yrs in the making!!! above and beyond played at last ngt on TATW as their opening tune..

sounded nice :) hope they play it wk on sun at gods v colours ngt at the arches!! :D yaaaaaaay

This has to be the worst management of a release ever. I mean if they weren't happy with it as they have been saying then why put a version on AnjunaBeats Volume whatever it was all those years ago?

Over-hyped anyway imo, unless they get a decent remixer to prog it up ;)

Someone has helpfully uploaded the radio rip they broadcast of Original mix of Sirens of the Sea here:

Youtube Video ->Original Video

I remember hearing an early mix of this first about 3 years ago with Steve and ALF from this board when we were out clubbing seeing A&B... not sure Steve was too impressed, but I loved the directional bassline that drives the whole thing, it sounded wicked in the arena anyway :D I'm sure they've also changed the beginning bit slightly from what i remember but no doubt the they've done a lot of tweaking since then, hence the ridiculous delay :rolleyes:

Archived