Recnt/Forthcoming Gigs

Max Kane

I know that a few people on here are into their rock & indie so thought I'd raise the subject of recent or forthcoming gigs that you've seen or are going to see.

Personally have had two cracking gigs over the past two weeks, last Monday I went to see Queens of the Stone Age in Birmingham Academy & last night went to see the magnificent Kings of Leon at the NIA.

KOL put on the best show of the year for me by a good distance, flawless performance, note perfect & great stage presence, was superb

i've never been to a Kings Of Leon gig, they are one of the bands that are on my list to see. I dont have any gigs lined up so we'll see whats going on in the new year.

I wish Linkin Park would announce some uk tour dates soon. I for some reason have a hankering to see them again. Last time they were at Rock City they tore it down...

Went to see KOL last week down here in Brighton, seen them twice now and as much as I think they're great live I wish they would say more...I dunno if its just some of the American bands that dont say much, The Killers were the same. Still KOL live kicks ass ;) Also went to see Take That with the mrs last week and if I'm totally honest it was brilliant, heheh!

Seeing Chems tomorrow in Brixton, can't wait!

As for Linkin Park, Moonman, they're on tour in January, check ticketmaster.co.uk or seetickets.com and you should be able to see the dates if you search on there!

Have peeps got any gigs in the New Year lined up? I've already got tickets for Bjork, Mark ronson, Foo Fighters and Kylie!

Went to see KOL last week down here in Brighton, seen them twice now and as much as I think they're great live I wish they would say more...I dunno if its just some of the American bands that dont say much,

I don't think that they're all like it really, though some US bands definately are quiet. The Strokes are cool with it though, when I saw them last in Manchester the only words Casablancas uttered were 'let the good times roll...' about half way thru, i thought that was class.

The Foo Fighters are the antithesis of this though, Grohl verges on doing stand-up comedy for some parts of the show while the others jam in the background, they're an immense live band

I've not been to any for a while actually. I need to sort out some gigs for the new year as UEA gets a lot of big bands.

Recently I've seen Jack Penate and Kate Nash who were both very good.

A couple of months ago I saw The Enemy and the Wombats on an NME tour, again both very good.

Archived