ASOT Top Twenty 2007

Max Kane

As usual Armin hands over the voting for this poll to the public & as a result it's probably why the big vocal tracks always win. Not the greatest list of this years tunes...

20. (01.) Above & Beyond feat. Zoe Johnston - Good For Me (Thomas Datt Bootleg Mix) [Anjunabeats]

19. (02.) Cosmic Gate feat. Denise Rivera - Body Of Conflict (Vocal Mix) [black Hole/Maelstrom]

18. (03.) Breakfast - The Sunlight (Original Mix) [Flashover]

17. (04.) Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren - Light The Skies (Retrobyte Classic Electrobounce Mix) [baroque/Armind]

16. (05.) Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix) [Club Elite]

15. (06.) DJ Shah feat. Adrina Thorpe - Who Will Find Me (Original Summer Sunrise Mix) [A State Of Trance]

14. (07.) Jonas Steur feat. Jennifer Rene - Fall To Pieces [black Hole]

13. (08.) Ilse DeLange - The Great Escape (Armin Van Buuren Remix) [bMG]

12. (09.) Above & Beyond pres. Tranquility Base - Oceanic (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]

11. (10.) Filo & Peri feat. Eric Lumiere - Anthem (Original Vocal Mix) [Vandit]

10. (11.) Armin Van Buuren - The Sound Of Goodbye (Nic Chagall Drumbeat Re-Edit) [Armind]

09. (12.) Paul Van Dyk & Starkillers & Austin Leeds feat. Ashley Tomberlin - New York City [Vandit]

08. (13.) Vincent De Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix) [Combined Forces]

07. (14.) First State feat. Anita Kelsey - Falling (Original Mix) [in Trance We Trust]

06. (15.) Armin Van Buuren - Rush Hour [Armind]

05. (16.) The Blizzard - Kalopsia (Original Club Mix) [Armind]

04. (17.) Above & Beyond - Home (Club Mix) [Anjunabeats]

03. (18.) Dash Berlin - Till The Sky Falls Down (Vocal Mix) [Captivating]

02. (19.) Armin Van Buuren vs. Rank 1 feat. Kush - This World Is Watching Me (Cosmic Gate Remix) [Armind]

01. (20.) John O'Callaghan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Agnelli & Nelson Remix) [Armind] [Tune Of The Year]

Number in brackets denotes where it was played in the show with other number denoting it's position in the chart

Absolutely shocking list if you ask me. I don't know who actually votes in these things (i didn't this year, but it certainly wouldn't have made much difference looking at that!)

Surprised A&B didn't get above 4th. They've clinched it for years now.

Big Sky is the most overrated tune I've heard in years. The vocal is so poor, just doesn't mean anything at all. I was bored of hearing it back in August.

After much criticism on his own board Armin has posted something of a rebuttle.

Let me start by saying I think there's nothing more personal than a person's taste in music. You don't HAVE to agree with the results.

But I think it's fun, just once a year, to let the listeners of the show decide the playlist. There will always be people who don't agree with the majority. That's totally cool, I think you have to respect everybody's opinion.

I really missed some of the tunes that gave me shivers this year. That's why here's my top 10 of this year:

1. DJ Shah feat. Adrina Thorpe - Who Will Find Me

2. Cerf, Mitiska & jaren - Saved Again (3rd moon remix)

3. Nic Chagall - what you need (hard dub)

4. Boy Hagemann - The Space perspective

5. Doppler Effect - beauty Hides in the deep (john o callaghan remix)

6. Global Illumination - Tremble

7. Hybrid - Finished Symphiny (Deadmau5 remix)

8. 8 wonders - Rendez Vous

9. Sean Tyas - One more night out

10. Lange feat. Sarah Howells - out of the sky

Agree or disagree but i think 2007 was a good year for trance.

Also, I want to thank Peter Kruit for setting up the website once again.

You can now see the whole list of tunes @ www.arminvanbuuren.net

See you next week for the yearmix.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Armin van Buuren

Archived