ElectronicSessions 2nd Birthday Party

Got my 'early bird' £8 tickets for this today, can't wait to get back down to Hidden again & with this lineup it should be a cracking night.

SOLARSTONE

JON O'BIR

NIKLAS HARDING

MARK PLEDGER

MIKE FOYLE

CHRIS SALT

FILTH & SPLENDOUR

LIZZIE CURIOUS

ALAN BANKS

THE COORDINATORS

THE PERSUADERS

CHRIS CEE

KRIESS GUYTE Vs MATT KAYCEE

MATT DAHL Vs MARKUS BUHMANN

NIALL GILLILAND

Official release.

"Well, heading up the charge we have the magnificent SOLARSTONE - pioneers, innovators and veterans of the trance scene for over 13 years, I think we all owe them for a few of our most special moments. They'll be closely followed by Godskitchen resident JON O'BIR making his long awaited ES debut! (Did we mention that he's a dab hand with a pair of decks too?)

MARK PLEDGER (of Smith & Pledger and Anjunabeats) will also be present and correct, having very much proven his worth only a few months ago on one of our rockin' boat parties, where his set almost caused a tidal wave! Armada's MIKE FOYLE joins proceedings and believe me, this is a set you'll want to see - encompassing every corner of trance, certainly one of the most creative artists on the scene today.

Of course, an ES party wouldn't be complete without our incredible residents: NIKLAS HARDING (sod the Carlsberg, this is Denmark's greatest export!), the genre-defying boy wonder CHRIS SALT, latest addition to the team NIALL GILLILAND and, with her stunning debut album having just hit the shelves, the electro queen - miss LIZZIE CURIOUS!

But what's that? There's more??

Of course there is - in the form of the south London electro pimps FILTH & SPLENDOUR, who have caught the ears of the likes of DJ Mag as well as reeling in signings to the massive Data Records. Not only that, but THE COORDINATORS, THE PERSUADERS and ALAN BANKS will all be rocking it with the best, plus we've got EXCLUSIVE b2b sets in the form of KRIESS GUYTE vs MATT KAYCEE and MATT DAHL vs MARKUS BUHMANN!

In addition to the quite simply mind-blowing musical entertainment, look out for extravagant giveaways and added bonus features exclusive to the special edition director's cut, including:

** FREE CDs mixed exclusively for the event by Mike Foyle and Lizzie Curious

** FREE SWEETS handed out by our gorgeous girls

** FREE SOLARSTONE GOODIES

** BALLOONS

** CONFETTI

** PYROTECHNICS

With 100s of hours of planning and preparation going into decorating the venue for this very special event, HIDDEN WILL BE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE!!

We can promise you that this party will be LIKE NO OTHER LONDON EVENT, it's going to be something very special indeed! We hope to see you all there.

EARLY BIRD TICKETS - ONLY £8!! (only available until 9th Jan)

Concessions List - £12 (email ross@electronicsessions.co.uk, greg@electronicsessions.co.uk)

On The Door - £15

Buy online at www.electronicsessions.co.uk"

• 5 weeks later...

Excellent stuff, very much my type of night and I wish I was able to join you as I've never seen Solarstone in deck action before. I'm also interested in Lizzie Curious too, not because of her sound though, just her name :P

Let us know how it goes mate, and have a great night!

I'm also interested in Lizzie Curious too, not because of her sound though, just her name :P

Lizzie's a top lass. Very talented DJ, doesn't really play my kinda sound as it's more electro but she's excellent to watch. Always good for a chat aswell

I'm tired so this won't be an essay style report, just a short & sharp account.

Set off for London around 8.30pm picking up a couple of mates who insisted on stopping at an off licence to purchase some stiff smelling cider for the journey down to London, decent journey down in reasonable time, arriving into London around 11pm & travelling through the city towards Vauxhall & to Hidden. Parked up nicely & headed inside.

Hidden as a venue is excellent, having been once before last year I couldn't wait to get back down there as it's a superb venue, a nice open bar area with a good dancefloor hosted the house & electro side of things with the main lineup being allocated the larger second room. I love the atmosphere in there, nice & compact with a wicked system & spacious DJ booth.

We walked in to Niklas Harding, who over the past 18 months or so has established himself as my favourite DJ. He didn't dissapoint playing some excellent progressive trance & mixing it up with some electro stuff as well, the Deadmau5 remix of 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' was probably my pick of his tunes, had everyone going nuts.

Jon O'Bir was on next & stopped to chat to a few people on his way to the booth. Jon's a DJ whom I rate very highly, having seen him play many, many times during his Godskitchen residency I was expectant. His set was excellent, taking things on nicely from Niklas & playing the awesome 'Sunrise In Ibiza' by Rex Mundi second tune. Towards the end there were some storming melodic trance tunes, I'm at a loss to name them but Luminary 'Amsterdam' (Super 8 & Tab Remix) was the highlight of his set.

Headlining was SolarStone, though it seems that the duo has now become just Andy. He opened his set with a new bootleg remix of 'Southern Sun' which went down very well, but then I have to say things seemed to stagnate a little. There were some decent tunes but a lot of it just seemed a little samey & I was dying for a really big track to break things up. Luckily I got it as 'Solarcoaster' was played about half way thru, still one of the best trance records ever & it got a suitably enthusiastic response.

Towards the end of Solarstone I began to wander around trying to catch up with various people & also checked out the electro room for a bit of Lizzie's set, not sure who it was but someone in there played Arno Cost & Norman Dooray 'Apocalypse' which sounded terrific.

I made my way back into the main room for the final few tracks of Solarstone, things certainly picked up. The new Koglin remix of 'Synaesthesia' & the final track Andain 'Beautiful Things' went down nicely.

I left around 3.30 with Mark Pledger having just taken over, I was nackered & faced the 2 1/2hr drive back, which I wasn't looking forward to. A few cars had been pulled over on the exit road from the club which made everyone a little nervy. Thankfully we passed through without incident & arrived back home a little after 6am.

Overall was another wicked night at ES, can't wait to get back there for the boat party in April :)

Archived